Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called. prev I had a $35k model 3 SR on order with $3k autopilot. I asked him to remove the $3k like yours, and give me a $35k M3 with free autopilot. He responded that the SR is now $37k and includes autopilot.

soooo....what it seems like to me after talking with Tesla on the phone is that you totally scored. You get a $35k SR with autopilot because you hadn't ordered it. Because I had ordered it, my only option is a $37k SR with autopilot. And...I'd have saved $2k if I'd skipped autopilot. Either way, he says he's taking $1k off my price. and, cancelling and rendering could still only get me a $37k SR.

You win!

It’s not a win yet until it’s on the final paperwork and the car is in the garage.

There’s no reason for Tesla to bundle in AP On SR.

Who would buy an SR+ for 4 more thousand?

I can’t help but think that including Autopilot in the description of a base SR at $35K is a mistake that someone at Tesla is going to get fired over. But as long as they are taking orders for the $35K model and including Autopilot, anyone who has been on the fence about ordering should jump at this before they realize what they have done. That’s an insane price for that much car.

I just got off a very quick phone call with sales and simply requested that they update the pricing on my SR order. Within the hour, my total dropped $3700. Autopilot is indeed included in the base $35k price now, and the price for my paint selection went down $500.

Interestingly, my order had become "unconfirmed" last night and I had to click the button on my Account page to reconfirm the order.

Attachments

• pricing compared.png
    pricing compared.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I just got off a very quick phone call with sales and simply requested that they update the pricing on my SR order. Within the hour, my total dropped $3700. Autopilot is indeed included in the base $35k price now, and the price for my paint selection went down $500.

Interestingly, my order had become "unconfirmed" last night and I had to click the button on my Account page to reconfirm the order.
I assume this is an order you placed a while ago right? before the news yesterday?

All of the people in this thread who have confirmed orders for the SR model and received confirmation that it includes Autopilot, including post #125 from just a few minutes ago.

Sure, those I am not blind to see.

I mainly trying to find a reference from Tesla independent of the order confirmations at the thread.

Analyzing things, I cannot see any possible reason why Tesla would bundle EAP for free on 35K Model 3s.

What is the point of paying $4K more for a 3SR+ then?

I stand as a beneficiary on the package but I am just stating it does appear to be a rational move on Tesla's part.

Sure, those I am not blind to see.

I mainly trying to find a reference from Tesla independent of the order confirmations at the thread.

Analyzing things, I cannot see any possible reason why Tesla would bundle EAP for free on 35K Model 3s.

What is the point of paying $4K more for a 3SR+ then?

I stand as a beneficiary on the package but I am just stating it does appear to be a rational move on Tesla's part.

I believe it’s an error made by someone in the systems maintenance side of the business who will likely lose their job over this. But for those who placed an order and received confirmation that their vehicle includes Autopilot, Tesla may have to honor the deal. Which is why I would place an order asap before Tesla realizes their mistake.

I just called Tesla Rocklin sales and they had a memo that said Autopilot is NOT included in the off menu SR and LR cars. I’m guessing he meant for new orders placed today. So all of you with existing orders lucked out. Patience paid off. :)

What about SR+ to SR downgrades? Or SR+ already in the system?

And IT STILL makes no sense.

change 69....I was the guy who ordered a $35k black SR and auto pilot, for $38k total. I ordered Feb 28th. I called today and asked for free autopilot due to the change. They told me on the phone that it wasn't free, but instead they'd give me $1k off, or $37k total for an SR with autopilot. They referred my case to some group of order team people that can update contracts.

BUT......as of now! my updated total on the Tesla site is $35k with free autopilot included. One 5 minute phone call reduced my total cost by $3k.

"It is better to make many decisions per unit time with a slightly higher error rate, than few with a slightly lower error rate, because obviously one of your future right decisions can be to reverse an earlier wrong one, provided the earlier one was not catastrophic, which they rarely are.”

Reactions: vickh and bovine
I ordered the SR- about a month ago and received that ready for delivery and cancel messages before the end of March.
Now I just received another message saying that my Model 3 is ready for delivery tomorrow.
The problem is.... I can't pull the money together on Friday night and Saturday.

What about SR+ to SR downgrades? Or SR+ already in the system?

And IT STILL makes no sense.

Agreed. Nothing makes sense. From business point of view, AP should not be free. Almost certainly an error related to the sudden announcement and the various teams/departments not being on the same page. I’m sure it’ll be corrected in a few days. But hopefully they honor the purchase agreements that do say free autopilot.

I ordered the SR- about a month ago and received that ready for delivery and cancel messages before the end of March.
Now I just received another message saying that my Model 3 is ready for delivery tomorrow.
The problem is.... I can't pull the money together on Friday night and Saturday.
They should contact you to confirm the delivery and give you the option to schedule it when it will work for you. It seems like the date that was pushed out to a lot of us was a rough guess.