Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 2.14.22 PM.png
here's what my order is showing now.

I’m not sure what a “Standard Interior” consists of. The current web site only lists a Partial Premium Interior and Premium Interior. Standard Interior sounds like the old SR with cloth seats but based on the blog that came out last night they are no longer going to be producing those, and to my knowledge none ever were produced to date.

I’m not sure what a “Standard Interior” consists of. The current web site only lists a Partial Premium Interior and Premium Interior. Standard Interior sounds like the old SR with cloth seats but based on the blog that came out last night they are no longer going to be producing those, and to my knowledge none ever were produced to date.
I guess standard interior is now "no heated seats"? I can't think of any other differences.

I thought you said you would never buy another Tesla and that you just bought a Chevy Bolt and think it is a better car...

So I guess never doesn't mean the same thing to you as it does to most people. :rolleyes:

For $3500 less than I would have taken delivery for two weeks ago for the same car, I did reconsider. Also, I got upgraded paint that was cheaper this week too so the scratches won't be as noticeable. You can bet if they try to deliver a car with damage and won't provide a Due Bill, I will once again refuse delivery.

BTW: I will probably get rid of my old Bolt for more than I paid for my new one after you consider tax incentives.

• Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
I think the SR+ and the SR are exactly the same off the factory line and delivery matches up things later in the process to switch things around with software.

I think the SR will have heated seats unless they turn that off in software. I think they are producing one model in 5 colors outside and two inside and deciding everything else out later. Wheels are easy to switch.

It will be interesting if they have heated seating elements, but turn that off in software if you get a SR. I doubt they are doing two versions of the seats other than the two color choices.

Reactions: Big Earl
that is GOOD NEWS, That means the rest of us who ordered prior to yesterday have the chance of getting AP included. Did you get a VIN or delivery date?

I just got a delivery date for Tuesday, but no VIN yet.
Nah, no delivery or VIN yet. I did call this morning and ask to have my order reflect the new prices. I just called again this afternoon and the guy said it's possible I'll get a delivery date this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath too hard.

I think the SR will have heated seats unless they turn that off in software.

The blog post says: "Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats)."

But that doesn't have to be a complete list of what they are disabling.

The blog post says: "Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats)."

But that doesn't have to be a complete list of what they are disabling.

I use my phone for music streaming and don't care about the traffic colors that were missing from the SR+ anyway. Pleather seats on a cold day is tough without heaters, but I bet someone figures out a switch to install and get around their software shenanigans. Otherwise, you buy sheepskin covers like we did in the old days.

View attachment 396234
here's what my order is showing now.

I called. prev I had a $35k model 3 SR on order with $3k autopilot. I asked him to remove the $3k like yours, and give me a $35k M3 with free autopilot. He responded that the SR is now $37k and includes autopilot.

soooo....what it seems like to me after talking with Tesla on the phone is that you totally scored. You get a $35k SR with autopilot because you hadn't ordered it. Because I had ordered it, my only option is a $37k SR with autopilot. And...I'd have saved $2k if I'd skipped autopilot. Either way, he says he's taking $1k off my price. and, cancelling and rendering could still only get me a $37k SR.

You win!

I called. prev I had a $35k model 3 SR on order with $3k autopilot. I asked him to remove the $3k like yours, and give me a $35k M3 with free autopilot. He responded that the SR is now $37k and includes autopilot.

soooo....what it seems like to me after talking with Tesla on the phone is that you totally scored. You get a $35k SR with autopilot because you hadn't ordered it. Because I had ordered it, my only option is a $37k SR with autopilot. And...I'd have saved $2k if I'd skipped autopilot. Either way, he says he's taking $1k off my price. and, cancelling and rendering could still only get me a $37k SR.

You win!
even at 37k, it's still a good deal, considering you get the same seats as SR+/premium. seems like only difference is no heated seats. all the other software limited stuff they mentioned for SR is also limited in SR+ anyway.

although if SR w/AP is 37k, why is SR+ w/AP 39.5k? shouldn't SR+ w/AP = 39k?

You win!
I wouldn't be surprised if my price changes before I get a VIN assigned. Maybe I'll get lucky. I originally ordered with autopilot and then upgraded to blue paint later.