Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR owners, tell us about your car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone taken recent delivery (since Elon announced the software lock, like June 10th till now) or a Standard Range? Did you order it online or pick a car at a dealer (most likely a SR+) that the staff software locked before handing off to you?

Do you still have FRONT heated seats?

Do you show 220 mi or 240mi max range?

Have you been told your front heated seats will be disabled at a future date?

I’m about to buy a Model 3 in August (WA sales tax credit comes back) and would like the standard range but REALLY want front heated seats. Three dealers (one in Fremont and two in WA) said they DO NOT have front heated seats. Another dealer in WA said they do, even after confirming that it would be software locked, nor have AP, have the range reduced, etc, it would still have front heated seats. I hate paying ~$4500 more for front heated seats by buying the Plus since I honestly don’t need any of the other features right now. (Only do one or two 200 mile road trips a year, don’t drive in heavy traffic, only drive like 6k miles a year)

BUT, I hate to be told by the staff that they do include heated seats, pay ~$35400 for a car and then in October get a software update that turns off the heated seats or something. Would I be able to return the car since I was sold one thing and given something else? Can I ask that an amendment be made in my sales agreement that spells out that front heated seats are included? I don’t understand how they can sell a car without a published spec sheet...

All SR and SR+ Model 3’s have heated front seats. Most Tesla employees have no clue what they are talking about. Just ignore them.

The SR and SR+ models do have the physical heating elements for the rear seats as well but they have been software locked with the exception of a small number of vehicles that apparently have a software bug in them allowing the rear seat heaters to be turned on. I’m pretty sure Tesla will fix that at some point./

Reactions: Big-T