Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR owners, tell us about your car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that SRs have actually delivered as software limited SR+s:
SR owners, tell us about your car!

Does it now show 220 miles fully charged? Has anyone ran it down to 0 miles? What happens?

Do your SR have Autopilot? Was it free or more? How much?
(My delivery advisor mentioned SR do have reduced AP for free)

Anyone clocked the 0-60 time? Drag against a SR+?

Anyone considering upgrading to SR+?
Anyone actually upgraded from SR to SR+? What’s that process like?

Got mine, base as base can go. Love it. My UI on the car says '+' but I don't have rear heated seats and I have 220 miles.

Would I pay, hell yea lol. It should only be $1000-$1500 for the extra miles. I didn't think I'd want them but it seems the 240 actually gets 240 vs my 220 with a grandma foot is getting like 190.

Thanks for all your replies. This thread is sorta old. Since original post, I’ve ordered and taken delivery of a SR. My first 3 was an SR+, which had a faulty touchscreen, so I had to return it. My SR only has 220 range, when delivered on 5/30, made 5/23. I’ve yet tested the 5.6 sec time or the 130mph limit.

Got mine, base as base can go. Love it. My UI on the car says '+' but I don't have rear heated seats and I have 220 miles.

Would I pay, hell yea lol. It should only be $1000-$1500 for the extra miles. I didn't think I'd want them but it seems the 240 actually gets 240 vs my 220 with a grandma foot is getting like 190.

The SR+ doesn't have rear heated seats either.

• Disagree
Reactions: russelljohnson
They shouldn't have rear heated seats. And the SR+ delivered around March and April don't. But believe it or not the SR/+ delivered in May and June do have them enabled for the moment. Tesla must be working out bugs around the software locks.

Ugh really?!? , I should have waited. Got my Model 3 at the end of March, stuck with the older computer and non-heated rear seats!

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Ugh really?!? , I should have waited. Got my Model 3 at the end of March, stuck with the older computer and non-heated rear seats!

All SR Model 3s have the heating elements in the rear seats. Between those and the non-functioning speakers and non-functioning ambient lights, I'm convinced that Tesla is going to eventually sell an interior upgrade package.

Reactions: djroberts
All SR Model 3s have the heating elements in the rear seats. Between those and the non-functioning speakers and non-functioning ambient lights, I'm convinced that Tesla is going to eventually sell an interior upgrade package.

I have Sr plus and no rear heated seat this is very messed up. Should protest like Hong Kong people do. Lol just playing.

• Funny
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I have Sr plus and no rear heated seat this is very messed up. Should protest like Hong Kong people do. Lol just playing.

I think you're slightly misinterpreting my message above. Every Model 3 has heating elements in the rear seats. SR, SR+, MR, LR. They all have the capability to have heated rear seats. It's just a software bug giving some recent SR and SR+ deliveries heated rear seats. That software bug will be fixed eventually. It's the summer, no need to worry about heated seats.

I don't have rear heated seats as I took delivery in March. Had I waited until June to take delivery I would have rear heated seats but it would be too warm to use heated seats in summer. My passengers would complain a lot and I would have to turn up the AC. That would drain the battery quite quickly. Heated seats+AC....

Has anyone taken recent delivery (since Elon announced the software lock, like June 10th till now) or a Standard Range? Did you order it online or pick a car at a dealer (most likely a SR+) that the staff software locked before handing off to you?

Do you still have FRONT heated seats?

Do you show 220 mi or 240mi max range?

Have you been told your front heated seats will be disabled at a future date?

I’m about to buy a Model 3 in August (WA sales tax credit comes back) and would like the standard range but REALLY want front heated seats. Three dealers (one in Fremont and two in WA) said they DO NOT have front heated seats. Another dealer in WA said they do, even after confirming that it would be software locked, nor have AP, have the range reduced, etc, it would still have front heated seats. I hate paying ~$4500 more for front heated seats by buying the Plus since I honestly don’t need any of the other features right now. (Only do one or two 200 mile road trips a year, don’t drive in heavy traffic, only drive like 6k miles a year)

BUT, I hate to be told by the staff that they do include heated seats, pay ~$35400 for a car and then in October get a software update that turns off the heated seats or something. Would I be able to return the car since I was sold one thing and given something else? Can I ask that an amendment be made in my sales agreement that spells out that front heated seats are included? I don’t understand how they can sell a car without a published spec sheet...