Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, you're going to get the classic Tesla SA response of "The estimated delivery window that is currently provided is the most recent update at this point" "There is nothing we can do"

I would wait until next week when Q2 begins before doing anything.
Not much a difference between upgrading and waiting it out in terms of EDD. The opening of the Texas Gig Factory has most US East deliveries in a bind.

Tesla operates on a normal calendar quarter, so the second quarter will start next week. Maybe because you're on the east coast, they're waiting for the new factory in Texas to start producing?
I looked into this today and you are spot on regarding the Texas Factory producing the majority of East Coast vehicles. Looks like late April-May is a pretty realistic timetable.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rezan8 and RPYT
Update: I called my SA and he said that I would have to pay the new price, and that there really wouldn't be a difference in delivery time. So much is in the air with the opening of the Texas Gig Factory (main producer for US East vehicles) in early April. Projections are more than likely late April or May for us in the East........... Keep close tabs on the Texas Factory,
I could be incorrect but I believe that Giga Texas will only produce the Model Y this year. After that, it's going to start producing the Cybertruck by the end of this year or the beginning of 2023. No word on the Model 3 being produced there in the near future.

Yeah, from my observation it seems every post with base build w/ black exterior has a April-May EDD. All of us. I also had a March 30-31st window about a week and a half ago. While I knew it wouldn't probably mean delivery, it made me wonder whether or not the queue system thought there was a chance by the end of March. I'm optimistic for April. Fingers crossed.
Me too M3 Black / Black RWD standard everything else. OD November 15th Langley, BC Canada. Now showing April 15-May 20 EDD after several dates all over the place.

Reactions: RPYT
I could be incorrect but I believe that Giga Texas will only produce the Model Y this year. After that, it's going to start producing the Cybertruck by the end of this year or the beginning of 2023. No word on the Model 3 being produced there in the near future.
For mine and many others sake, I hope you are wrong. :(. My worst nightmare is not getting the car before the next hockey season in August. So much damn traveling.

Update: I called my SA and he said that I would have to pay the new price, and that there really wouldn't be a difference in delivery time. So much is in the air with the opening of the Texas Gig Factory (main producer for US East vehicles) in early April. Projections are more than likely late April or May for us in the East........... Keep close tabs on the Texas Factory,
When I called my service center last week I was told that if I made any changes that it would change the order to current pricing. I asked them to double check and they came back and said the same thing. I asked them to unlock my account so I could make changes so that I could see the pricing. They did and when I went in and downgraded my wheels and added FSD, the pricing stayed the same as it would have been in October when I originally ordered. So it seems not all SAs are aware of the updates in Tesla's policy for updating order. I also got my VIN 2 days later and am now picking my car up on Friday! My EDD prior to making the change (and still after I made the change) was Mar 31 - Apr 14. For what it's worth.

When I called my service center last week I was told that if I made any changes that it would change the order to current pricing. I asked them to double check and they came back and said the same thing. I asked them to unlock my account so I could make changes so that I could see the pricing. They did and when I went in and downgraded my wheels and added FSD, the pricing stayed the same as it would have been in October when I originally ordered. So it seems not all SAs are aware of the updates in Tesla's policy for updating order. I also got my VIN 2 days later and am now picking my car up on Friday! My EDD prior to making the change (and still after I made the change) was Mar 31 - Apr 14. For what it's worth.
Wow. So tempted to add FSD so I can get mine sooner. But with my luck it won't make a difference and I would be out $10,000

Reactions: Johnsson90

Attachments

• A7C63A94-EBAE-42B5-97D6-7E931AD861F3.png
    A7C63A94-EBAE-42B5-97D6-7E931AD861F3.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: Soosh
Finally after months of waiting I got my delivery date. Happened so fast, 6 am today VIN is in, by noon I had my date and time.

OD: 10/5/2021

Midnight Silver/Black Int/18”/ No FSD

Delivery date: 3/20/22! Buena Park, CA
Finally after months of waiting I got my delivery date. Happened so fast, 6 am today VIN is in, by noon I had my date and time.

OD: 10/5/2021

Midnight Silver/Black Int/18”/ No FSD

Delivery date: 3/20/22! Buena Park, CA
Big time 👍👏 very good to see the order and delivery processes crank through and get actual cars to customers!