Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of this stuff coming out about FSD priority is such a bad look in my opinion. With orders and delays experiencing the issues they have been, to then turn around and prioritize people paying extra.

This process has done nothing but make me never want to buy a Tesla again, and I’m most likely months away from evening having it.

Reactions: JJ777 and RPYT
All of this stuff coming out about FSD priority is such a bad look in my opinion. With orders and delays experiencing the issues they have been, to then turn around and prioritize people paying extra.

This process has done nothing but make me never want to buy a Tesla again, and I’m most likely months away from evening having it.

It's no different from other carmakers... my Ford Mach-E GTPE is being built months ahead of lower trims and when I owned an ID.4.. VW was explicit in telling people that the highest trim with garbage premium add-ons was being made first. i.e 2-3 month wait times vs. 6+ month wait times for base RWD model.

So far the only carmaker that I've placed an order with that follows an serial order is MINI.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
It's no different from other carmakers... my Ford Mach-E GTPE is being built months ahead of lower trims and when I owned an ID.4.. VW was explicit in telling people that the highest trim with garbage premium add-ons was being made first. i.e 2-3 month wait times vs. 6+ month wait times for base RWD model.

So far the only carmaker that I've placed an order with that follows an serial order is MINI.
Yes, I agree. The most expensive GMC Hummer EV was prioritized as well.

Reactions: RPYT
Yes, I agree. The most expensive GMC Hummer EV was prioritized as well.

On the positive side, the longer you wait, the higher chance to receive all upgrades. I ordered mine RWD in September at $39K. The car comes in with LFP and AMD chip. Waiting is not fun, I must say.

On the positive side, the longer you wait, the higher chance to receive all upgrades. I ordered mine RWD in September at $39K. The car comes in with LFP and AMD chip. Waiting is not fun, I must say.

For Tesla, that's true.

For Ford, they are deleting features like the liftgate kick sensor (which I disable anyways).

The insanity is that I ordered a Mach-E 30 days after my August 2021 MYLR order and it still does not have a build date after 174 days with the earliest build date available 40-60 days from today plus 45 days to ship. Hence why I submitted an order for a higher GT trim which does have a build date.

Basically Tesla is delivering Model Ys in 160 days and Ford is delivering Mach-Es in 260+ days.

Update:
Following this message, EDD was pushed to March 16th to 30th
Then March 26th to 30th
Then last weekend they sent me the 'Final Cash Balance" notification which included my VIN.
Then yesterday (March 16th) they sent me the delivery scheduling request.
Now I'm set to pick it up next Friday (March 25th).

I went into the dealership today to drop off my plates and took a few minutes to sit in the M3RWD in the showroom and play with the stereo a bit. It sounds great, much better than I remember during my test drive. That makes me happy because I only remember the LRAWD having a good stereo, and I was contemplating ordering a LRAWD to get the better stereo.

Very excited to pick up the car!

Update:
Was all set to pick up the car for Friday and was at the bank getting the money on Thursday.
On the drive back home from the bank, Tesla message me and said the car is ready a day early.
So I ended up picking up the car Thursday Afternoon!

So all-in-all, the actual delivery date was one day after (March 24th) the original date range provided (February 23rd to March 23rd).

Very happy with the car - just looking into getting all the speakers working now. I don't like how forward-biased the soundstage is in the car. Sounds great, but also annoys me that there are 4 (?) speakers or speaker locations that are going unutilized.

Good morning! Woke up to app saying connect to Bluetooth for car…. Then order agreement and vin we’re assigned! No text or email. Super stoked and wanted to share! Updated EDD is March 28 - Apr 1
Very cool! Is this the common delivery/notification method for when a VIN is assigned? The SAs I've talked with here in Dallas are not very detailed about that part of the pre-delivery process....

Reactions: Blue85
Hello everyone, new-guy question here... I keep seeing people talking about placing an order on December 1, 2021 (for example) and then a hold until January 10, 2022 and then the est delivery date changes & updates begin. What is a "hold" and is that something a customer chooses to do? Or is it a Tesla initiated action to 'pause' the delivery process for all new orders after a certain date?

Thanks and thanks for all the detailed & updated info from this forum!

Picked up yesterday! Between our trade in and completing everything it was around 10 minutes so fast that I was thrown off when they were like congratulations sir welcome to the Tesla Family! I did inspect and set up a service appointment for two minor things. Headlight slightly a little further out on one side. No movement but I notice it. Also one little chip of paint.

Overall lighting fast and so happy! I just want to say thank you all for being so supportive and helpful with all the information really made a difference. Praying everyone gets theirs as soon as possible!
Another successful driver in a vehicle, yay! 👏
That gives reassurance to everyone on here who's patiently waiting for their new ride.

Very cool! Is this the common delivery/notification method for when a VIN is assigned? The SAs I've talked with here in Dallas are not very detailed about that part of the pre-delivery process....
Ya! I have seen some that have received text, some with email and some like the Bluetooth thing hahaha kinda random! As everyone stated below the wait is worth it and when they give you that vin it moves so fast!

Reactions: RPYT
2EAC2C27-23FE-48B8-8A70-15ED8DCB90B9.jpeg

Thought I would share a photo! Tint done yesterday! Thanks again all for the support! The car is real(for so long I thought not haha) and stoked to behind the wheel finally! Can’t wait to see more pick ups to come! I have to say sound system and acceleration much better than expected especially with all the talk about the long range and performance. I am stoked on it! Dual pane in front only, Ryzen chip, heated seats in back. For almost 20k(from time of order) less than the performance it’s a showstopper to me.

View attachment 785961
Thought I would share a photo! Tint done yesterday! Thanks again all for the support! The car is real(for so long I thought not haha) and stoked to behind the wheel finally! Can’t wait to see more pick ups to come! I have to say sound system and acceleration much better than expected especially with all the talk about the long range and performance. I am stoked on it! Dual pane in front only, Ryzen chip, heated seats in back. For almost 20k(from time of order) less than the performance it’s a showstopper to me.
Congratulations 🎉, again. Looks great!

What is the tint %(s) did you go it on the windows?

When I called my service center last week I was told that if I made any changes that it would change the order to current pricing. I asked them to double check and they came back and said the same thing. I asked them to unlock my account so I could make changes so that I could see the pricing. They did and when I went in and downgraded my wheels and added FSD, the pricing stayed the same as it would have been in October when I originally ordered. So it seems not all SAs are aware of the updates in Tesla's policy for updating order. I also got my VIN 2 days later and am now picking my car up on Friday! My EDD prior to making the change (and still after I made the change) was Mar 31 - Apr 14. For what it's worth.
Hooray, more success and another new vehicle in a driveway 👏 gives us all waiting hope for our turn in the near future!

View attachment 785961
Sweet ride! Appreciate your happy progress report and successful delivery update!