Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, just wanted to report my experience from the east coast:

Build: SR+ black/black, aero wheels, no FSD
Order date: 11/1
VIN received: 11/16 (through SA, not through account)
VIN appeared on account: rough estimate, 11/26?
Scheduled delivery: 12/5
Actual delivery: 12/2 in Mt. Kisco, NY

I was on the schedule for 12/5, but on 11/30 I got a call from the delivery location saying “hey, your car is here and we have availability for pickup today - can you come in?” I couldn’t because my insurance company was closed on weekends, but I hustled down today and got it.

I don’t wanna rub salt in the wounds of all you CA guys, but I’m really happy with how my experience turned out so I thought I’d share.

Did you have to contact the SA to get the VIN? or did they just contact you?

Did you have to contact the SA to get the VIN? or did they just contact you?

I happened to email my SA about a non-VIN-related matter, and in the first line of her response she said “hey great news, here’s your VIN!” I’m not sure when or if she would’ve told me otherwise. Maybe she just hadn’t had a reason to check and I gave her one by emailing.

It seemed like pickup scheduling was quite lax at Mt. Kisco. They weren’t very concerned about when I came in. Perhaps my SA knew this and didn’t expect that I’d have trouble getting a delivery date, and therefore didn’t think I needed to have my VIN the minute it became available.

Ive been following this for a couple weeks, feel bad for some of you guys. I ordered 11/26 and got my vin in source today 12/2. White, black interior. Atlanta.

Guys keep hanging on, its going to happen soon. This is for my wife, I still got 2+ years for the cybertruck :(

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Finally heard back from an advisor; I will be matched to a car and provided a VIN "hopefully in just a couple weeks". He did say that it'll just be a few days before delivery where a VIN will be provided.
I keep checking the vin in source code multiple times a day. I have no self-control!

Hi Cligadel,

Well, I decided to let my wife use my car until she gets hers so I haven't drove it except for a couple of miles day after we got it. I think this is part of my frustration as I really want to play with my new toy:mad:. And that is not happening until she gets her car.

But, every night when I get home from work she tells how much she loves the car. That doesn't resolve my problem but it does make me happy she is enjoying it:D.

Oh, and if it's the last two weeks in December that means we won't get hers until March of next year because we leaving out of town for Xmas holidays. Now I'm feeling bummed out again....lol.
Will you actually wait til March?

I'm glad some people have the flexibility of owning enough cars to get by. Even if we had a 2nd car and didn't need this one I really don't think I'd wait til March. Ordering a Tesla at first seems so nice and simple. After you order it seems like nothing more than a gamble.

Will you actually wait til March?

I'm glad some people have the flexibility of owning enough cars to get by. Even if we had a 2nd car and didn't need this one I really don't think I'd wait til March. Ordering a Tesla at first seems so nice and simple. After you order it seems like nothing more than a gamble.
You ask a good question. I haven't really want to think about the chance of missing her (ours) order.

I don't have to turn in my lease in for another couple weeks, so we are lucky in that regard.
I got to try to stay positive that we get a car in the next two weeks and not waste energy thinking about a possible stressful future:eek:.

You ask a good question. I haven't really want to think about the chance of missing her (ours) order.

I don't have to turn in my lease in for another couple weeks, so we are lucky in that regard.
I got to try to stay positive that we get a car in the next two weeks and not waste energy thinking about a possible stressful future:eek:.
Fair enough! Hopefully we both get them soon! I'm gone for over half of my window too.

I ordered the same setup the day after you, maybe ill find something out today. When you say order date, are you saying the date you put the deposit down? I took a few days to figure out where I was getting funding from, so I didn't finish the 'tasks' the same day. Just curious if you did.

Oh man that's a good point. I let mine sit waiting for Tesla Financing for quite a while until I finally heard back that they denied me and then secured USAA financing separately. I still figured my "place in line" was held while financing details were worked out, but perhaps that is not the case?