Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the same setup the day after you, maybe ill find something out today. When you say order date, are you saying the date you put the deposit down? I took a few days to figure out where I was getting funding from, so I didn't finish the 'tasks' the same day. Just curious if you did.

Just ordered. I paid for the car last week and that’s when I started getting communication.

Honestly very disappointed here. I'm entering my 7th week from my order date without another vehicle to use and I'm getting exhausted from this wait. I was told originally, called by my delivery center, that they would be receiving vehicles the last 2 weeks of November and that my vehicle would be one of those. They told me to finalize my payment method, locking in a loan, even after I had told them if they were absolutely positive as I didn't want to have my credit ran twice in case the car would come later. They assured me that it was coming. Now i'm back to hearing that the vehicles won't come till the next few weeks but again I'm assured they'll be here before the EOY. At this point I'm not even sure that promise will be kept.

If this were any other company, I would have told them to piss off. Customer service is disgusting and eventually this will be their downfall IF other vehicle manufacturer's catch up and properly compete with Tesla.

Honestly very disappointed here. I'm entering my 7th week from my order date without another vehicle to use and I'm getting exhausted from this wait. I was told originally, called by my delivery center, that they would be receiving vehicles the last 2 weeks of November and that my vehicle would be one of those. They told me to finalize my payment method, locking in a loan, even after I had told them if they were absolutely positive as I didn't want to have my credit ran twice in case the car would come later. They assured me that it was coming. Now i'm back to hearing that the vehicles won't come till the next few weeks but again I'm assured they'll be here before the EOY. At this point I'm not even sure that promise will be kept.

If this were any other company, I would have told them to piss off. Customer service is disgusting and eventually this will be their downfall IF other vehicle manufacturer's catch up and properly compete with Tesla.

I feel your pain. Officially on week 8 and every morning I keep convincing myself I’ll get a text to schedule that day lol

I'm in the same boat as you. I think alot of people get to attached to these cars emotionally. We're cancelling if it creeps into next year in any fashion. It's a car and somewhat a luxury item. I've come close to cancelling multiple times but got kept on the hook with promising dates that were missed.

I'm in the same boat as you. I think alot of people get to attached to these cars emotionally. We're cancelling if it creeps into next year in any fashion. It's a car and somewhat a luxury item. I've come close to cancelling multiple times but got kept on the hook with promising dates that were missed.

Same here, I am fully ready to cancel the order if it creeps past December as this is unacceptable. We'll see, I'm hoping we can all hear this week that we've received Vins.

Same here, I am fully ready to cancel the order if it creeps past December as this is unacceptable. We'll see, I'm hoping we can all hear this week that we've received Vins.
It seems that those of us who ordered from Costa Mesa have no luck. Even customers in the Bay Area are hearing good news before us. I know you and skydreamerjae ordered way before me, but I’m starting to feel your pain. I am essentially carless at this point, so I hope we hear something sooner rather than later!

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Ordered SR+ White/White No FSD on 11/11. Neither VIN nor text so far. NEMA 14-50 installed and accessories are coming from Amazon. M3 is the only thing missing in my garage. I understand we Californians will be the last to get the car due to geographical disadvantage but I am so sad when see my empty garage.

"3antar" - we are neighbors and I feel your frustration. I somewhat positively hope it will make during the last 2 weeks 2019 but will cancel my order if it does not make. All the accessories will be returned without opening.

Ordered SR+ White/White No FSD on 11/11. Neither VIN nor text so far. NEMA 14-50 installed and accessories are coming from Amazon. M3 is the only thing missing in my garage. I understand we Californians will be the last to get the car due to geographical disadvantage but I am so sad when see my empty garage.

"3antar" - we are neighbors and I feel your frustration. I somewhat positively hope it will make during the last 2 weeks 2019 but will cancel my order if it does not make. All the accessories will be returned without opening.

I ordered 10/15. I'm hoping we can all see our vehicles sitting in our garages before the year end.

I too am in the same boat as many where the second car was sold to make way for the M3. And my car sold a lot sooner than expected. I'm going on week 4 now (I know there are others with longer wait times) of 5-7 that was quoted. I just don't think I can go into January without a car, and the responses from Tesla (or the lack thereof) are not very confidence-inducing.
Serious question, what other all-electric car would be an option early next year? I really don't want to get a Leaf!

I think they'll still sell alot of cars, however I think during the holiday rush they'll see a massive number of people who can't pick their car up and ultimately cancel orders. May not hurt right now, but in the long run it'd be interesting to know how many overall orders they lose for folks who don't want to wait until the next round of NA production.

Similar story here... I ordered a Red/Black SR+, no FSD with 19's on 10/30 and spoke to someone yesterday that said it will now most likely be the last two weeks of December at the Carlsbad delivery center. Fortunately I still have another car, I just wish someone would proactively keep me updated once every few weeks.

Reading about vary pickup issues and getting "custom" vs tagged to something already in production to try and get delivery before year end and confused about ordering process exactly.
Is there any practical difference in terms of incentives/availability/etc. between ordering online vs going to one of my local showrooms and putting the order in directly with a SA there? I live on the westside of LA so I've got plenty of options of places to go into.

Wow, just got my scheduled pickup date for next wednesday. From order to pickup will only be 3 weeks, makes me mad for some of you. It has to mean they are churning these things out now and will have every ones soon.

I too am in the same boat as many where the second car was sold to make way for the M3. And my car sold a lot sooner than expected. I'm going on week 4 now (I know there are others with longer wait times) of 5-7 that was quoted. I just don't think I can go into January without a car, and the responses from Tesla (or the lack thereof) are not very confidence-inducing.
Serious question, what other all-electric car would be an option early next year? I really don't want to get a Leaf!

The Chevrolet Bolt is actually not a bad option. It has a similar range and sticker price to the SR+ Model 3. You can typically find good deals from the dealer on the vehicle, as well.

On a another unrelated note, I fail to see how Tesla will manage to deliver ~20000 cars (assuming 30% of sales this quarter; these are actually conservative figures) across the delivery centers in California in 3 weeks. It would amount to roughly 100 cars per center per day.

The Chevrolet Bolt is actually not a bad option. It has a similar range and sticker price to the SR+ Model 3. You can typically find good deals from the dealer on the vehicle, as well.

On a another unrelated note, I fail to see how Tesla will manage to deliver ~20000 cars (assuming 30% of sales this quarter; these are actually conservative figures) across the delivery centers in California in 3 weeks. It would amount to roughly 100 cars per center per day.
Right? i don't know what the hold up is, at this point, but they need to start building for California right now if they want to make it in time ! I ordered October 25th, and they got a whole month of November orders to worry about too (for California)

Just got an update on my car as i ordered on 11/14 with White on white with 19s and no FSD. Got the text for scheduling the car for pick up on December 14th at 12PM. That is exactly 4 weeks from order to pick up. No VIN on account yet, but a quick look in the source code confirmed i have a VIN registered to my account as the 2020 Model 3 SR+. Ordering from Long Island, NY.