Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat and I even upgraded to the mid range in hopes of getting it on time. I’m selling my current car as I’m getting full asking price but not having a solid estimate is bs. Every rep says something else. I got offered $7000 off on a dual motor awd black on white with full driving capability. Car is a demo with some miles. Still more than I want to pay though

@Jbidwal what was the exact price that they offered if you don't mind me asking? Kinda on in the same boat so just wondering

Picked up our SR+ today from Buena Park in Socal .
We also don't have the fog light button in the menu . No interior, frunk, trunk mats either.

We initially had EAP on the drive home but after the software update we're back to just AP. :(

Car has swirl marks all over. :(
Gotta get it detailed and ppf .

:( Man, I know I should be more patient, but it's been 2 weeks to the day since I made the order. I assumed my day 1 reservation, would maybe count for something but right now, talked to sales again - no info, no VIN, no phone call.

The absence of communication makes the waiting hard, the sales guy told me they have nothing to look at to see how an order is progressing. Did tell me VINs are usually assigned overnight, and they find out in the morning (along with the customer).

This is more of a gripe post...just wish they could tell me, we're working on it!

That's odd, I ordered the SR+ the day after you and I have a Montreal delivery date of March23rd. I wonder if it's because of your white interior (mine's black) or if they're waiting for a certain critical mass of cars to transport to the Vancouver area. Note that the delivery date just appeared on my account one evening, no email, text or phone call. VIN still does not display. I had to call for the VIN and the window sticker. Bummer that the very early or early reservations don't seem to change anything (I was April 2016). New Y buyers could hold on to their money for a while without worry.

I have a date but don't have car yet so I'll see how that goes. Good luck getting news soon!

Reactions: tiggerlu
I ordered a SR+ on 2/28 and have been waiting with no updates other than a contract being written up. This evening my account changed to: "Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/15/2019. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation." I wonder if a VIN or pickup date is coming and the system is screwed up? I have white seats and haven't seen any deliveries yet.

Reactions: tiggerlu
Yes 2018. Not a bad deal but it’s not the car I want or need. The battery range sure would be beneficial but I don’t need awd in California.
Yeah I hear you, they offered me 2018 Midnight silver with white interior, AWD (which is definitely beneficial for midwest region)for 46,900 (1200 dest. fee included). Originally ordered SR+ with white interior and eventually wanted to just upgrade the battery

That's odd, I ordered the SR+ the day after you and I have a Montreal delivery date of March23rd. I wonder if it's because of your white interior (mine's black) or if they're waiting for a certain critical mass of cars to transport to the Vancouver area. Note that the delivery date just appeared on my account one evening, no email, text or phone call. VIN still does not display. I had to call for the VIN and the window sticker. Bummer that the very early or early reservations don't seem to change anything (I was April 2016). New Y buyers could hold on to their money for a while without worry.

I have a date but don't have car yet so I'll see how that goes. Good luck getting news soon!
I had a call for a delivery date of the 22 for Montreal.... But was told it was tentative

I am going to pull the trigger today but having option overload.
Goal: Drive this SR+ 3 until the Y has hit full production hopefully for our family-Estimate 3 years

Anyone go through the same and what made you choose what you did:
So torn on this color or saving money and going the base set up!

I battle back and forth between SR+:
MSM/White Interior/Sport Wheels-$41k
MSM/Black Interior/Aeros-$38.5k
Black/White Interior/Sport-$38.5k
Black/Black Interior/Aeros-$37k

Help me!

Goal: Drive this SR+ 3 until the Y has hit full production hopefully for our family-Estimate 3 years

Help me!

Go with this cheapest or black/ white interior/sport wheels. Black paint will always be in demand when you sell. MSM probably won’t really hold much value.

The black with the sport wheels/white interior does look freakin nice. But I am concerned about all the things i hear about black cars.

Should be fine if you take care of it by washing it. If you aren’t keeping it more than 3 years not much fading or chips occur. Plus you aren’t paying extra for it so you can easily pay for some protective film if you are worried.

But give them a call. You might be able to get the mid range msm for the same price. They have inventory in that color.

Highly doubt here in Texas and not as lucky as our California team. I am headed to a gallery today. Can they also do that in person?

I am 90% leaning Black/Sport/White interior.

Yes they can. They might do it since they need / want to move cars. Worth asking. Just bs firm that you only want the MR if there is a discount. Otherwise you will stick to your order.

Help me!

I was in same predicament. The best value is definitely the SR+..not to mention it's going up 3% on Monday. On top of that also is the tax credit that runs out soon. I went with the cheapest possible SR+. Black on black with aero. I also got the wheel kit for $50 to make the wheels look better. Honestly, that's my thinking for the best value.

If I was buying an SR+ I would get black/black with aero wheels. As soon as you start adding upgrades you end up getting into the price territory of the MR and even LR models. You will always get the most bang for your buck with a bigger battery, both in terms of daily use and eventual resale. You will get next to nothing back on your investment in paint upgrades, and maybe a few pennies on the dollar for the white interior and 19” wheels.