Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any ideas where I can find a good tinting place?
Sorry for the delay! I got mine done today for $750 at Got Tint
I was in and out in 3 hours and the back window was done in one piece.
Ceramic tint.

IMG_9491.jpg

Reactions: designrs
Just got a text message from Tesla:
------
Good morning. Your contactless delivery experience is scheduled for 1pm. Your vehicle will be parked outside with a name tag in the dash so you can easily recognize it.

*Please accept delivery in your My Tesla account to gain access to the vehicle through the app.* Your Model 3 key cards will be found placed near the front cup holder. You'll find the paperwork placed on the driver's seat. Please place all signed documents in the service center drop box which will be found to the left of the front door. You are then free to go!
-------

Amazing. Bought, paid for and picked up a car without talking to one human. This will be interesting!

Reactions: JPavlockJr
Our delivery today went very well. Arrived at the Owings Mills, MD facility just before our 1 pm appointment. There were around 10 or 15 people walking around the lot. Saw maybe a dozen Tesla's in various parking spots with their hazard lights flashing. The flashing hazard lights were the cars ready for pickup.

We spent 15 minutes looking for our car but couldn't find it. Went inside and a rep looked something up on her computer and said they were probably still washing it. Said to just go outside and wait a bit. She said to use my phone's web browser to log in to my account and accept delivery. Then the Tesla app would start working.

We went down to the part of the lot where it looked like the cars were coming out. Waited a few minutes...used the browser to accept delivery. A few minutes later the app started working. While looking through the app I noticed it listed the cars location as at the dealer's address. When I clicked on the location line a map opened...and it seemed the car was way up front by the road!

We walked up by the road...then from the app we honked the car's horn. Found it!

We made three trips around the exterior checking the paint, body gaps, etc. Only issue was a small nick in the rear bumper. Maybe 1/8-inch long, half that wide. Tiny. I'm not going to worry about it...seems like one of those things that the fix might make it worse.

Then we got inside...checked the seats, dash...everything. Everything was perfect. We're happy.

I drove home with my wife following in her mini van. Once home I created my profile, then she got behind the wheel and we went out for a ride. The car wanted to do a software update...asking now or later. I set it for later...2:30 am.

So...all in all...quite the pleasant experience. Really strange to have so little human interaction. We ordered off the web...had a few emails and text messages...and drove home today in a new car.

We ordered on 3/18/21. Drove home in the Model 3 on 3/27/21. Wow!

Attachments

• IMG_5502.jpeg
    IMG_5502.jpeg
    898.6 KB · Views: 53