Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got a text with a date and a time saying "We will reach out 28-48 hours prior to this appointment to confirm your availability", I was kind of expecting to hear back 24-48 hours prior to the appointment they scheduled. They said when they would reach out and they didn't, so now I have no idea if the car will be there in the morning.

also, how am I meant to upload proof of insurance if I can't get an insurance policy without the registration paperwork from the dealership and tesla doesn't know who my insurance provider is until I upload proof of insurance
Just upload your current car insurance, my SA mentioned that would work just fine

I’m looking at Tesla’s site and see a bunch of demo M3s around here. One is the blue I ordered but with FSD and 1,300 miles. I’m really contemplating just taking the plunge, but I wonder if they will remove the FSD? One thing that would make it for me is if it has radar still. Decisions decisions lol.
Well bad news, the Tesla chat person said they can’t remove FSD from demo vehicles, so back to the drawing board. He did confirm that SAs have nothing to do with assigning VINs in case your SA is MIA.

Reactions: mdanieltech
Got my car delivered today... The wait was worth it... Drive feels great and took some getting used to the braking and acceleration. Few things I noticed

1. The trim on the dash touches the steering column. Squeaky when moving steering in/out
2. One of thr door takes a lot more effort to close

Scheduled a tech to come fix on 7th

3. Aero cap was off partly on one wheel.. I pushed it back in place
4. Small scratches on window trip.. Used goof off to remove it

Bought new floor mats (only LR and Perf get mats) and nema 14-50 adapter for my setup.

Only drawback so far, no homelink to open garage. Not spending another $350 for parts and installation. Ordered a remote from Amazon for $15.
20210603_094923.jpg

Got my car delivered today... The wait was worth it... Drive feels great and took some getting used to the braking and acceleration. Few things I noticed

1. The trim on the dash touches the steering column. Squeaky when moving steering in/out

Bought new floor mats (only LR and Perf get mats) and nema 14-50 adapter for my setup.

Only drawback so far, no homelink to open garage. Not spending another $350 for parts and installation. Ordered a remote from Amazon for $15.View attachment 669387
Beautiful! I ordered a Blue but told the Tesla dealer today I would take a MSM if one becomes available as well. Enjoy your M3!

Reactions: Raghublr

Only drawback so far, no homelink to open garage. Not spending another $350 for parts and installation. Ordered a remote from Amazon for $15.View attachment 669387
She’s beautiful!! Enjoy and safe travels ☺️ Thanks for sharing.

FLASH: It is now 8:04pm EST, if you go to the Tesla inventory in LA or NYC zip codes, Tesla just released a ton of low mileage demos for sale. If you scoop one up, report back. Good luck to all
I got very lucky my SA happened to email me about them and I called him right away! Got exactly what I wanted and it looks like it was shipped in early april so should still have radar and I believe passenger lumber support! Should be taking delivery next week!

Reactions: GiFer

looks nice! I kind of wish I got that color. looks nice and I probably would have had my car by now. I really hope they are ramping up the pearl white ones right now.