Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know! I don't understand that. I chose the blue/white/19in/LR. I completed my loan application on the 23rd, approved 8hrs later (same day) and accepted it ASAP. I tried to complete my tasks expeditiously so that I wouldn't have to wait that long. (Actually, the initial EDD was 6 -12 weeks.) Maybe it depends on where you're located. Or, it could be no rhyme or reason for the inconsistencies.
I am sure it has something to do with where you are located. If I had to guess, I would say the places with the most orders, get their vehicles sooner.... or something like that...

I got my VIN 10 days after placing my order. I was shocked! And, I check my account every day (like a crackhead) and the delivery date keeps closing in on me. It's making me nervous (a good nervous)! It started at 6/10 - 30, now it's on 6/11- 17. I ordered on 5/22. Whew, time is flying! And, I cannot walk up with a check in hand. In Texas, you have to have everything paid for prior to picking up. "Don't Mess With Texas"!
Jealous. I placed my order a day after you and have not heard anything yet. Yeah that Texas law is going to have to be fixed. How long does it take to get once you figure out payment?

When I got a text with a date and a time saying "We will reach out 28-48 hours prior to this appointment to confirm your availability", I was kind of expecting to hear back 24-48 hours prior to the appointment they scheduled. They said when they would reach out and they didn't, so now I have no idea if the car will be there in the morning.

also, how am I meant to upload proof of insurance if I can't get an insurance policy without the registration paperwork from the dealership and tesla doesn't know who my insurance provider is until I upload proof of insurance

I saw a new M3 with exact same spec as I ordered showing up in my local inventory, while I am calling my SA it's gone...😭

1622767282127.png

Quite a few in the NY-Boston Area I scooped up a Red one without the FSD

I saw a new M3 with exact same spec as I ordered showing up in my local inventory, while I am calling my SA it's gone...😭

View attachment 669349
I did same but ordered first and then called SA and got him to refund my $100 after I cancelled the original order

I’m looking at Tesla’s site and see a bunch of demo M3s around here. One is the blue I ordered but with FSD and 1,300 miles. I’m really contemplating just taking the plunge, but I wonder if they will remove the FSD? One thing that would make it for me is if it has radar still. Decisions decisions lol.

FLASH: It is now 8:04pm EST, if you go to the Tesla inventory in LA or NYC zip codes, Tesla just released a ton of low mileage demos for sale. If you scoop one up, report back. Good luck to all
I was watching this, but i contacted my SA and he said that if the vehicle is not showing a VIN (as seen on the attachment) it will not be available for them to allocate to our orders.

Sometimes it means they aren't quite ready yet to be delivered. Most of these "demos" need some cosmetic touch ups, so that's probably why.

He also said that I should have my car by the last week of June (latest). 🙏 Hoping that's true for me and all of you waiting on cars!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 9.11.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 9.11.09 PM.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 42
There are a ton of demo cars in my city with my config (all LR, though). Just texted my SA to see if I could snag one of them! Fingers crossed. I think the extra $50 a month would be worth it for a bit more range. I had some second guesses ordering an SR+ when I do 3,000+. miles in road trips a year.

Reactions: makirules
At first I was skeptical too. I confirmed this “VIN prioritization” with a friend that worked as a Delivery Supervisor and he said that in fact completed profiles systematically enter into the queue “ready for VIN”.

Someone mentioned it earlier which I now believe that depending on where you live, production is batched. Heard today that cars built this week will be ready end of third week and last week of the month.
I had entered my current insurance info a couple of days before the vin showed up. Didn’t think it had anything to do with timing. But maybe so.