Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S
So many conflicting information everywhere. I had always heard (shortly after I placed my order) that simply putting the deposit down reserves your place in line...

I have read and heard of people not completing their profiles and just walking up to the SC on their delivery date with 2 checks.
per my SA the profile/line spot only relies on two things—deposit ($100) and competing the registration/pickup location section of your account.

asked about finance section and advisor stated it would be foolish for the company to allocate VINs based off of method as 1)payment could be selected as cash and then the customer could walk out at the last minute “just saying they are going to pay in cash doesn’t verify they actually have the cash to pay and 2) Tesla themselves do not recommend applying for financing until closer to the anticipated delivery date due to potential of loan pre-approval expiration.
Insurance was mentioned—and again, SA stated it wouldn’t make sense as there are plenty of states that can’t provide it till VINs are actually allocated, this would be a never ending loop of non-prioritization

Well change of plans....my Estimated date was mid July - Aug 4th....then just checked the site and there was a 2021 same model I ordered except in Red with 1000 miles on it as a demo vehicle and I bought that so should get it alot quicker I imagine....guess I lose the $100 off the original order (White)

Reactions: Zinzan
Well change of plans....my Estimated date was mid July - Aug 4th....then just checked the site and there was a 2021 same model I ordered except in Red with 1000 miles on it as a demo vehicle and I bought that so should get it alot quicker I imagine....guess I lose the $100 off the original order (White)
You can't have your reservation fee applied to the inventory car?

S

per my SA the profile/line spot only relies on two things—deposit ($100) and competing the registration/pickup location section of your account.

asked about finance section and advisor stated it would be foolish for the company to allocate VINs based off of method as 1)payment could be selected as cash and then the customer could walk out at the last minute “just saying they are going to pay in cash doesn’t verify they actually have the cash to pay and 2) Tesla themselves do not recommend applying for financing until closer to the anticipated delivery date due to potential of loan pre-approval expiration.
Insurance was mentioned—and again, SA stated it wouldn’t make sense as there are plenty of states that can’t provide it till VINs are actually allocated, this would be a never ending loop of non-prioritization
See. that's the problem with advisors.. they all say different things. How are we supposed to know which one is right and which one is wrong? As I was told to complete the payment method to be prioritized.

Thanks all for barreling though this order (and mostly waiting) process together. I hate to hear that others are still waiting especially those who ordered in March or April. Below is just a "round-up" of my experience for those who might find it useful. I will say that people's experiences have varied WILDLY so take this with a grain of salt. Also as an FYI, my sales advisor (SA) was mostly responsive but slow to reply. I found just calling the general number and talking to whoever answered to be more useful. I never spoke to anyone at the Salt Lake City "dealership".

• Ordered on May 1 for pick-up in Salt Lake City, UT
    • SR+ Midnight Silver, Black Interior, 18" Areo wheels, No FSD
  • Initial estimated delivery date (EDD) was 6-9 weeks. This changed almost daily.
    • 26 May - 15 June
    • 11 - 30 June
    • 18-30 June
    • 14-30 June
    • 3-30 June
    • SA said 16-26 June most likely
    • 14-26 June
    • Disappeared for 3-4 days (around the end of May
  • TeslaVision prompt and VIN on June 1 (EDD changed to 4-10 June)
  • Delivery schedule text today, June 3
  • Delivery scheduled for June 8

Overall the initial 6-9 week estimate was fairly accurate and arguably, while you will see some say they are useless which is fair for others, the EDDs were cautious estimates which Tesla beat in most cases by about a week or so.

Thanks again all, I'll post a picture when I have her!

Cool. I like the Tesla red, and it's not too common on the road.

When did your demo car come off the line? Does it have heated steering wheel? Radar? wrap-around dash-to-door trim? passenger lumbar support?

Well after my EDD being gone since last Friday, it came back this morning, but not with the dates I was hoping for. I ordered on 5/17 and when I called my SA on Monday they said I was looking at the third week of June delivery. My EDD now says July 15 - Aug 4, needless to say disappointing. I plan on calling again today to see if that is accurate.
So I called Tesla today on the way home. He was still adamant about the third week of June for delivery as he said they are continuing to match cars for customers. He said they were up thru the end of April beginning of May. He also said they haven’t been told anything by corporate about the updated EDD I told him about. I also told him to keep a look out for any MSM M3 as well in case anyone can’t pick up their order. Trying to pick up more opportunities to get a M3 sooner rather than later.

Well after my EDD being gone since last Friday, it came back this morning, but not with the dates I was hoping for. I ordered on 5/17 and when I called my SA on Monday they said I was looking at the third week of June delivery. My EDD now says July 15 - Aug 4, needless to say disappointing. I plan on calling again today to see if that is accurate.
Case in point……the SA’s no nothing, they are guessing.

Reactions: makirules
So I called Tesla today on the way home. He was still adamant about the third week of June for delivery as he said they are continuing to match cars for customers. He said they were up thru the end of April beginning of May. He also said they haven’t been told anything by corporate about the updated EDD I told him about. I also told him to keep a look out for any MSM M3 as well in case anyone can’t pick up their order. Trying to pick up more opportunities to get a M3 sooner rather than later.
ugh... I really wish I could tell my SA things like that. Like "keep a look out for any MSM M3 as well in case anyone can’t pick up their order".

I would actually go for another color if it was available first... if that means I can get my car sooner.

Unfortunately, I am stuck doing the work myself. Checking tesla-info.com constantly.... and maybe chatting with tesla on their website.

ugh... I really wish I could tell my SA things like that. Like "keep a look out for any MSM M3 as well in case anyone can’t pick up their order".

I would actually go for another color if it was available first... if that means I can get my car sooner.

Unfortunately, I am stuck doing the work myself. Checking tesla-info.com constantly.... and maybe chatting with tesla on their website.
Keep checking inventory. At the end of the month, lots of cars become available.

I saw the same thing. I chatted with a Tesla rep, you will get your vin in a email. Nothing to worry about.
I got my VIN 10 days after placing my order. I was shocked! And, I check my account every day (like a crackhead) and the delivery date keeps closing in on me. It's making me nervous (a good nervous)! It started at 6/10 - 30, now it's on 6/11- 17. I ordered on 5/22. Whew, time is flying! And, I cannot walk up with a check in hand. In Texas, you have to have everything paid for prior to picking up. "Don't Mess With Texas"!

I got my VIN 10 days after placing my order. I was shocked! And, I check my account every day (like a crackhead) and the delivery date keeps closing in on me. It's making me nervous (a good nervous)! It started at 6/10 - 30, now it's on 6/11- 17. I ordered on 5/22. Whew, time is flying! And, I cannot walk up with a check in hand. In Texas, you have to have everything paid for prior to picking up. "Don't Mess With Texas"!
Kind of sad for people who ordered before you getting quoted july and august dates.

Kind of sad for people who ordered before you getting quoted july and august dates.
I know! I don't understand that. I chose the blue/white/19in/LR. I completed my loan application on the 23rd, approved 8hrs later (same day) and accepted it ASAP. I tried to complete my tasks expeditiously so that I wouldn't have to wait that long. (Actually, the initial EDD was 6 -12 weeks.) Maybe it depends on where you're located. Or, it could be no rhyme or reason for the inconsistencies.