Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure why people with reservations who have delivery dates within a few weeks are worrying about their delivery timing relative to others. It's not as if people are having to wait months for a confirmed order as in the past. Count it a blessing that Tesla has ramped up production! Reservations are more important when supply is inadequate to quickly meet demand, as was the case with the earliest Model 3 deliveries in 2017/2018.
I'm assuming that the first reservation holders will receive their before someone without one at each store. Because otherwise all that reservation strategy was only a way for Tesla to raise fund...

So I'm debating putting in an order for an SR base, and had a question about the $2,500 non refundable deposit. How does this jive with the 7 day full refund policy? My main concern is that if the SR base is not delivered before June 30th, and I lose out on half the tax credit, I simply would rather not buy the car.

Assuming the delivery occurs on 7/1, would I be within my right to simply refund the car and get my full amount paid back (including the $2,500 non-refundable deposit)?

And yes, $1,875 matters to me. Not a financial issue, just a matter I would rather not buy the car now due to my current lease not ending for another year and a half.

Just ordered SR+, Aero, Black interior today (3/11). Instead of modifying my original reservation, which I made on 3/31/16, I accidentally ordered separately, thus creating a second reservation number. I called customer service rep and they said that this isn't a problem, just cancel my original reservation and I'll get a check for the $1k back. Duh. Anyways, the rep also said that canceling the original reservation and creating a new one will have no impact on when I would receive my car (as opposed to having simply updated my existing reservation number with the order). Not surprising I suppose.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
So I'm debating putting in an order for an SR base, and had a question about the $2,500 non refundable deposit. How does this jive with the 7 day full refund policy?

I don’t think anyone knows this for sure - I.e there’s been no document that Tesla has put out that has stated this in certain terms. But the way the 7 day policy has been advertised, you should get your deposit back and I’d venture to guess you would have easy recourse if they did not refund it (a credit card chargeback would be a very straightforward way to pursue this - just save screenshots of the refund language they use on the web site for a record).

That being said, I think it is extremely likely you will get the car before the end of June. Tesla will be doing everything they can to rush deliveries at the end of the 2nd quarter to boost their numbers. At the current eight week estimate you still have a month and a half of buffer. But I’d put your order in sooner rather than later to get ahead of the inevitable rush before the prices rise at the end of the week.

Assuming the delivery occurs on 7/1, would I be within my right to simply refund the car and get my full amount paid back (including the $2,500 non-refundable deposit)?
It seems quite clear that the answer is "yes". It wouldn't be a "full refund" if it excluded your $2500 deposit.

Also, recall that this past December, Tesla guaranteed delivery by Dec. 31 for a number of US buyers who were waiting for their cars, and Tesla reportedly credited $3750 (the tax credit step-down amount) to buyers who didn't get their cars by year-end. Come June, I don't know if they'll end up doing this for SR and SR+ cars, but I expect that Tesla will try to sell as many cars as possible before the tax credit steps down again. And I certainly would not count on Tesla to further lower prices by $1875 as of July 1!

Reactions: nebster
Everything has been done online and through email. I ordered within 1 hour of the website change. Yes, I used my checking account. This is my first Tesla. As for the reservation, I had one originally, but cancelled that early last year. Don't think that played any part in my current order.

Everything has been done online and through email. I ordered within 1 hour of the website change. Yes, I used my checking account. This is my first Tesla. As for the reservation, I had one originally, but cancelled that early last year. Don't think that played any part in my current order.

First off - big congrats. I hope you are the first of many to start receiving their car.

I live an hour north from you in Vancouver, BC and have somewhat similar specs - SR+, black, white interior, autopilot. So i'm hopeful hehe.

Curious - so after you got your VIN, they contacted you to arrange payment right? I keep thinking I need to do something "more", other than sit and wait lol.

I was wondering the same, lol. Just be patient I guess. The phone call wasn't to confirm payment, it was to tell me they have my car and wanted my payment (basically saying congrats and repeating everything I saw in the email). Since I was the only one on the paperwork, I could everything online. Super easy and simple process so far.

Day one reservation here, just checked my Tesla account and I can no longer edit my design. It seemed I was able to do that until today. Not sure if that means my order is far enough along in the process or it's just a window that closes after a certain number of days. I ordered on 2/28 so it's been a while.

Congrats! This gives me confidence that mine is not too far behind! I am in Seattle and ordered SR+ Blue with white seats on 2/28, day 1 reservation holder.

Just got a text with following

Your Model 3 is tentatively scheduled to be delivered to your address on 3/18 between 12 PM-2 PM. Prior to delivery, please complete and submit your delivery profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount

So I logged in to my Tesla account and shows my VIN # for delivery in Chicago grand avenue . Ordered Black SR+, aero wheels, black interior, and AP

Just got my VIN also! Delivery scheduled for this Saturday at the Tyson's Corner (northern VA) location. Other than the initial call from my delivery advisor, I've had no other contact from Tesla. I'm very pleased, though. A Saturday delivery, if it happens on time, is way easier for me than needing to take time off during the week.

This was far sooner than I was expecting. In fact, I still need to sell my existing car, but I'll manage if that doesn't happen in time.

Just a reminder, I ordered a midnight gray SR+ with aero wheels, a black interior and AP. Did not have a reservation for this order but was a reservation holder until late last year when I canceled after giving up short term hope for a $35k M3. Hope everyone else gets their VIN soon!

Last edited: