Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 02/28 - 12 days in - still patiently for my VIN :)

Decided to call Tesla Sales, they told me they're pushing hard to get as many cars out before end of 1st quarter (end of this month). She said someone had called yesterday inquiring about a VIN, and received it later that day (ordered 02/28).

Optimistically - if you ordered around beginning of this month there's a good chance to get your VIN by end of month or earlier and I'd speculate delivery would happy in April for later VINs.

Thought i'd share this!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am debating between order a standard black SR+ with AP for $40K or taking delivery of an in stock MR at my local tesla sales center. The thing with the MR is that it is a 2018 demo with 1100 miles so they are giving a discount and a paint credit. Comes out to $42,500 (including autopilot).

Thoughts? I do like the red, but would not spend $2500 to get it.

Seems that reservation holders are getting 3/13 delivery dates for the most part. I am part of that group. I'm sure there are other factors but they do appear to be doing their best to reward those who reserved with priority delivery.

Hi guys,

I am debating between order a standard black SR+ with AP for $40K or taking delivery of an in stock MR at my local tesla sales center. The thing with the MR is that it is a 2018 demo with 1100 miles so they are giving a discount and a paint credit. Comes out to $42,500 (including autopilot).

MR seems like a better bet. The premium audio w/ sub sounds excellent. You don't get a sub according to the description on SR or SR+. I've had other premium stereos in past cars made by mark Levinson, Harmon kardon etc and the Model 3 really does compete. Our Model X has base system and it's pretty pathetic and I've had Model S loaners with stock system and had same underwhelming experience, so Tesla base systems seem to have pretty poor history. You also gain over 20 miles, heated rear seats, nav improvements and better performance. If they add in color discount seems like an excellent deal, although black without aero covers and a tint looks nice to me. We have a white one and my dad has a black one and we ceramic coated both using cquartz at home and washing either color is a breeze.

Last edited:
Reactions: tiggerlu
Hi guys,

It's a tough call - it's a trade-off right. I think overall, if I had the money I'd get the MR over the SR+ ( I ordered an SR+ ) - the extra range, and better audio resonates with me.

So there's that value, is red multi-coat worth $2500? I personally don't think so, but if you get it - you won't regret it especially if you're getting 19" wheels it looks great.

The only thing you need to be comfortable with, yes even with the warranty - is having a 2018 model, with 1100 miles on it - and knowing your limits when inspecting the car for superficial damage, light or micro scratches. Many owners after getting the car off the delivery, will either wrap, ceramic coat or seal their car - so this car didn't have that benefit ( I could be wrong, maybe the sales center took REALLY good car of the car?)

It's super minor for most people, but for if you're a bit OCD or into car detailing - it might not be.

Seems that reservation holders are getting 3/13 delivery dates for the most part. I am part of that group. I'm sure there are other factors but they do appear to be doing their best to reward those who reserved with priority delivery.

Not hardly. 7 of 9 people on the tracker with delivery dates in the next few days are non reservation holders on the east coast. One of those ordered on the 6th. Reservation holder here with no VIN, no date, and same build as those east coasters who have jumped ahead.

Hi guys,

I took the MR offer (white ext, black int, autopilot, 18") which was the exact same specs as my SR+ order. The sales center discounted the paint and almost 500 for it being a 2018 build and the grand total was a bit more than 500 than my SR+ build. The paperwork shows 9 miles. You should check if there are any other options in inventory that you would be happy with. I'm planning on holding onto this for 8+ years so the difference in re-sell would be minimal for me and I definitely like the premium interior's sound system.