Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think white interiors are being made for any trim level. Maybe they will build them all at the same time or there is a shortage of some sort. Kind of annoying my rep convinced me to upgrade to the MR to ensure a quicker delivery. Now the MR is in limbo and still no white interior cars.

Yeah I sat from end of Jan to end of Feb waiting for a white interior MR and when inventory was published previously before they took the info down there were thousands of MRs with black interior and not a single white interior. Then I switched to SR+ and still the same issue it seems.

Yeah I sat from end of Jan to end of Feb waiting for a white interior MR and when inventory was published previously before they took the info down there were thousands of MRs with black interior and not a single white interior. Then I switched to SR+ and still the same issue it seems.

What was your quoted delivery time? That’s a rough wait. My guess they haven’t made any this year and have been getting rid of the sitting 2018 inventory. If it’s a materials thing, then we are all in for a lengthy wait

Will do! This is the yang to my wife's ying as she has a LR 3 from release and this will be almost the complete opposite. I was torn between the MSM/White interior but when I saw some black/white configs I was in love.

My previous S was black and I said never again...yet here we are! :)

was your S a AWD? Compare 3 and S handling?

Approximately what should the front end cost? Is it common to only do areas that get damaged, such as the front and behind the wheels? At a Honda dealer recently they had a car protected and each panel had a cost. Thanks.
It varies by shop and location, I won’t get into pricing on an open forum, find someone local you trust and will be around for years to come and go for it.

What was your quoted delivery time? That’s a rough wait. My guess they haven’t made any this year and have been getting rid of the sitting 2018 inventory. If it’s a materials thing, then we are all in for a lengthy wait
At the time the quoted delivery times were just by month so it said delivery in February. Obviously that hadn't occurred by the time the SR+ came out so I switched. Currently on my second batch of car loans waiting for it and this batch expires next week so I'm sure I'll be grabbing a third. I churn a lot of credit cards, so not a big fan of the unnecessary hard pulls.

At the time the quoted delivery times were just by month so it said delivery in February. Obviously that hadn't occurred by the time the SR+ came out so I switched. Currently on my second batch of car loans waiting for it and this batch expires next week so I'm sure I'll be grabbing a third. I churn a lot of credit cards, so not a big fan of the unnecessary hard pulls.

They pull credit every few weeks on these orders? Shouldn’t be more than one inquiry for the deal.

My delivery for today got canceled. I was told that the factory hasn't produced any SR+ with white interior, which is annoying but I guess makes sense because I don't think we've seen any white interior SR+ deliveries.

Yea I am assuming this will cause a much longer wait for me then the quoted 2-4 weeks. I am ok with that as I have a car I need to sell but dont want to miss out on the tax credit. With that being said if we were approaching tax credit phase out that wait would be unacceptable.

I'm really wondering if I should just pay the extra 2k and bump up to a SR+? I ordered on 3/1 and have not heard a single thing, I also doubt they have even manufactured a single one as I've seen SR+ owner order on the 13th and have delivery scheduled for a week later. Although I really prefer the cloth seats as they are not as hot in the South Florida sun.

Taking delivery of my Model 3 Standard Range Plus next week! I reserved on April 2016. After placing placing the order on 3/15/19, I immediately received a delivery confirmation for 3/17/19 (seriously after waiting 2 years Tesla says it’s ready in 2 days). However, I had to reschedule the delivery date because it was such a short notice. Did anyone else get a quick delivery date or it’s based on location?

Specs:
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • Standard Plus Battery
  • Partial Premium Interior
  • Black Interior
  • 18” Aero Wheels (will be installing 20” aftermarket wheels)
  • Without Auto Pilot/Self Driving

Reactions: SMAlset
I'm really wondering if I should just pay the extra 2k and bump up to a SR+? I ordered on 3/1 and have not heard a single thing, I also doubt they have even manufactured a single one as I've seen SR+ owner order on the 13th and have delivery scheduled for a week later. Although I really prefer the cloth seats as they are not as hot in the South Florida sun.

Same here.

Don't know what version of cars they were, but today we were in Gilroy (south of Fremont) and spotted another car carrier loaded with Model 3s on Hwy 101, either south bound or heading over to the Central Valley. Deliveries are definitely happening although many times the press makes it sound like no one is ordering.

Yea I am assuming this will cause a much longer wait for me then the quoted 2-4 weeks. I am ok with that as I have a car I need to sell but dont want to miss out on the tax credit. With that being said if we were approaching tax credit phase out that wait would be unacceptable.

Yes, too bad our government doesn't want to keep the tax credit on EVs or extend it.

I also came from a 2012 Leaf (great car). Leaf = golf cart ... 3 = go kart :)
I had the first Leaf my Nissan dealer ever sold loved it for 4 yrs but that was 2 years ago. Have driven plenty of Model S’s and a few 3’s. Whole other world.

Can’t wait. People worry about Model 3 range, The farthest I ever went on a highway trip was 108km, new lol. It only had a 3.3kwh onboard charger and there were no DC fast chargers back then, still made it work and loved it.