Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just placed my order too!

M3 SR Plus
White/white
19” sport wheels
EAP

I live in Connecticut so expecting to wait over 4 weeks especially with the white interior. But they better get that car over here by June lol

After ordering, what’s the next immediate step in the buying process? It is getting the M3 on your insurance? And in terms of getting my loan in place, should I/mustI have to wait untill I get my VIN?

Reactions: Big-T
Just placed my order too!

M3 SR Plus
White/white
19” sport wheels
EAP

I live in Connecticut so expecting to wait over 4 weeks especially with the white interior. But they better get that car over here by June lol

After ordering, what’s the next immediate step in the buying process? It is getting the M3 on your insurance? And in terms of getting my loan in place, should I/mustI have to wait untill I get my VIN?

For insurance I would wait until they deliver your car then purchase the policy otherwise you’re paying for a car you don’t have yet. In the meantime just wait until you get a VIN and compare quotes from multiple companies. I got some quotes in the range of $650-$800 for 6 months. If you have a high deductible then it should be a little cheaper.

Anyone else notice that the SR+ has satellite maps (no live traffic - however I've heard that the navigation system routes based on traffic)?
My SR+ picked up on Saturday has satellite maps during the day (no option to turn of satellite view in day mode), but it did not have live traffic routing (until I turned on the 30 day autopilot demo they offered). In night mode it turns off the satellite view and switches to the standard Garmin/TomTom type map views.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
My SR+ picked up on Saturday has satellite maps during the day (no option to turn of satellite view in day mode), but it did not have live traffic routing (until I turned on the 30 day autopilot demo they offered). In night mode it turns off the satellite view and switches to the standard Garmin/TomTom type map views.

satellite view ez to see in day mode? I prefer Garmin/TomTom type map views.

after 30 day autopilot demo do they still offer delivery pricing EAP?

same thing as mine. I have FSD.
can't figure out how to switch to a map view during the day...

Could you share a picture of the night model maps? Please

Have a delivery date of this Saturday 3/23/19. Charlotte NC

Original Day 1 deposit holder (cancelled once i realized the $35k model wasn't ready).
Ordered this one 5 minutes after they announced the $35k model.
Estimated delivery "within two weeks" would have been 3/12/19.

Received an email and text notifying me of next steps Saturday night, along with showing the VIN. I had to pay the tax to get to a $0 balance (only 3% here so it was ~$1200), with the rest being financed through Tesla at 3.75%. Once i had the VIN, i added it to my insurance and then uploaded the new insurance info to the "my Tesla configuration page".

Black/Black SR+
19" Sport Wheels
$38,500

New to this forum and I've learned so much from reading your posts. Thanks for sharing all this valuable info! I ordered SR+ black/white interior/sport wheels/FSD on Mar 11. Live in Edmonton Canada. Any Canadians receive their SR+ with white interior yet? Looks like white is taking longer?