Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, got vin in source code this morning, called my delivery location about an hour ago to ask for updates on my order. Rep tells me i have a vin assigned now and told me to hold on while he pings my car to see if it'll wake up, he was able to get a location response and "as of 1 min ago it is in the Fremont Lot waiting for a truck". He then gives me the scheduled arrival date (friday) and asked me when i can pick up (up to 3 days after arrival). Tesla account now shows vin and a scheduled pickup.

*Edit* I probably have one of the most helpful and resourceful rep around?

You absolutely do! It's rare, and you lucked out.

Do what you gotta do, but my advice is to hang in there. The absolute maximum Tesla says any of us is waiting to take delivery is one more month and you’ll be waiting years yet for that Mach-E :). Believe me I get the frustration with the lack of communication, I think it’s utterly wild to buy a car and wait 1-2 months, and their delivery scheme only makes sense to the super-secret planners in Elon’s war room. But this also is sort of the bleeding edge of the car tech world, and there’s always a price to being an early adopter. Bright side is, we’ve all done the bulk of our waiting, and in before long we’ll all be driving the best cars we’ve ever driven. I hope lol
I mean the reality is different for everyone. I've been through 4 different timing changes and delays through the process and am watching others ordering weeks after me get cars even in CA.

It's less about when or how you get it. If the timing when we ordered was right initially and didn't keep getting moved this is a different discussion. The buying experience for me has just been incredibly poor. For us it's more that we need a car and really just want to have the process be smooth. At this point i'd trade in this experience for the half day at a dealership.

Also, for those of you who have gotten VINS, how many days elapsed between ordering and VIN showing in source code?

I'm at Day 36 today... hoping my VIN will show in source before day 40.
I ordered 10/12, vin showed up in source code yesterday, got text to schedule delivery today.,.picking up this Saturday morning in sb! Good luck...hope you get yours soon too!

Just talked to my SA at the Santa Barbara delivery center, she said they weren't expecting cars for another week or so but she has already had 6 of her own "clients" take delivery this week alone!

Her best guesstimate for me is the beginning of December... until then I will be refreshing my account over and over again :]
Keep refreshing! I'm getting the same build as you are, got vin in source code yesterday, got delivery text today, scheduled delivery for this Saturday morning in Santa Barbara..they're coming!!

I did the chat thing and he had a Delivery Advisor call me back. She still repeated the line that my VIN is only coming in the next 2 weeks, and that production for the US only started last week.

I think this is Tesla’s stonewalling company line at this point, which I understand; they’d rather be very conservative in their estimates than be caught over promising again. It’s a good thing I’m not in too much of a hurry to get my car as long as I get it before the end of the year. And I feel pretty confident that will happen.

Just another data point I hope everyone finds useful.

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Ordered 10/19, white/white SR+. Received email today:

We are nearing VIN assignment, which means it’s nearly delivery time! Going forward through the end of the year, Tesla will be prioritizing VINs based on profile submissions. Because of this, I am reaching out to let you know to go ahead and fill out your credit application and prepare for your vehicle to arrive. This will allow you to be assigned a VIN as soon as a matching vehicle is built.

I did the chat thing and he had a Delivery Advisor call me back. She still repeated the line that my VIN is only coming in the next 2 weeks, and that production for the US only started last week.

I think this is Tesla’s stonewalling company line at this point, which I understand; they’d rather be very conservative in their estimates than be caught over promising again. It’s a good thing I’m not in too much of a hurry to get my car as long as I get it before the end of the year. And I feel pretty confident that will happen.

Just another data point I hope everyone finds useful.
This wait has been really depressing lol. My estimated delivery said 5-9 weeks when I ordered on Oct 25. So I shouldn't expect it to be any sooner than that, yet still... seeing people getting VINs this week is awesome, but when I check mine, I don't see it. Just a few more weeks, I suppose.

This wait has been really depressing lol. My estimated delivery said 5-9 weeks when I ordered on Oct 25. So I shouldn't expect it to be any sooner than that, yet still... seeing people getting VINs this week is awesome, but when I check mine, I don't see it. Just a few more weeks, I suppose.
Seems like VIN assignment is less important than geography in terms of when you get your car. I ordered mine pretty much the same time as you, got the VIN yesterday but my delivery date is 2+ weeks away since I’m on the east coast. If you live closer to the Tesla factory you may get your car before me even though you don’t have a VIN yet!

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae