Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats

Quick question/request: When you step on the brakes, does the lighting around the edge of the tail lights light up (like the new Model Y's) or is it still the little strips in the housings that light up?

Pic of tail lights when brake pedal is pressed would be awesome

Sure, I can take a picture of that. Will probably put it up on the main 2021 M3 sticky thread though.

Reactions: Mr X
thanks for the update. I’m in Toronto too so it’s valuable info. Would love more updates on range in cold weather when ever possible!

You got it! I'm planning to keep track of 6 data points on most trips in the car:

- Outside temperature
- Road conditions (wet, icy, normal, etc)
- Distance of trip
- Starting battery level
- Projected battery level at arrival
- Actual battery level at arrival

I would record the time taken vs projected time too, but I'm not sure that's super necessary. Also, I'm hoping the effects of variables like elevation changes and wind strength and direction average out over enough data points.

Sure, I can take a picture of that. Will probably put it up on the main 2021 M3 sticky thread though.

Cool. Here is exactly what I'm talking about!

Do the brake lights light up like this?

Enk_ngxUYAsFVkL

Enk_q3oVcAE-nm6

Same. It was originally Dec 04 - Dec 31st, then changed to Nov 21 - Dec 04, but now it's back to Dec 04 - Dec 31st. My emotions are being toyed with. :(
Yo so, I called Tesla (for me it’s Owings mills in Maryland) and they have a way of at least telling if you will get one by the end of the year. I mentioned that they have changed my delivery estimate multiple times, but they said that’s because of the volume and if now it says you will get one by end of year then you definitely will!

Yo so, I called Tesla (for me it’s Owings mills in Maryland) and they have a way of at least telling if you will get one by the end of the year. I mentioned that they have changed my delivery estimate multiple times, but they said that’s because of the volume and if now it says you will get one by end of year then you definitely will!

A guarantee from Tesla?! I need one of those lol. I'll call and see what my people in Houston TX say!

You got it! I'm planning to keep track of 6 data points on most trips in the car:

- Outside temperature
- Road conditions (wet, icy, normal, etc)
- Distance of trip
- Starting battery level
- Projected battery level at arrival
- Actual battery level at arrival

I would record the time taken vs projected time too, but I'm not sure that's super necessary. Also, I'm hoping the effects of variables like elevation changes and wind strength and direction average out over enough data points.

Yes - this would be great info to have! Are you using an app to record these details? (if so - which app?)