Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered in mid-April and still haven’t received my VIN. It’s the Model 3, SR+, white/black. Tesla is super frustrating right now as they said numerous times to me that I would be getting a June delivery. Sadly, it has not happened. My pickup center is in Rocklin and no one answers…everything goes to voicemail. My SA is non-existent and doesn’t return my calls either. At this point I don’t know what to do. I’d really like my car like some of you who still haven’t got it, but am really frustrated since so many others are getting their cars with my same configurations in the same region with even shorter wait times.
Ya, agreed. I ordered mine in march, tesla gave me VIN, delivery date, asked for my full payment. Then cancelled the whole thing. They are holding over $50K of mine. Ya, be thankful you didn't pall your full balance. Asked my SA wtf is going on with them holding 50K+ of MY money and no car. Guy said he'll look into it and hasn't returned my call. Feels so shady. I literally don't know whether i should be talking to a lawyer at this point.

Reactions: prplrain
I ordered in mid-April and still haven’t received my VIN. It’s the Model 3, SR+, white/black. Tesla is super frustrating right now as they said numerous times to me that I would be getting a June delivery. Sadly, it has not happened. My pickup center is in Rocklin and no one answers…everything goes to voicemail. My SA is non-existent and doesn’t return my calls either. At this point I don’t know what to do. I’d really like my car like some of you who still haven’t got it, but am really frustrated since so many others are getting their cars with my same configurations in the same region with even shorter wait times.
You live in Sacramento from your profile - Rocklin is 23 miles away. Why not drive up there and don't leave until you get an answer? I ordered online on 5/22. Got my car delivered to my home in Napa from the Vallejo SC on 6/23. Same config as you.

Are you sure you completed all the tasks when you ordered in mid-April? Don't need to worry about insurance in CA., assuming you have auto-insurance for another car, you're covered by the new car grace period.

Reactions: prplrain
Ya, agreed. I ordered mine in march, tesla gave me VIN, delivery date, asked for my full payment. Then cancelled the whole thing. They are holding over $50K of mine. Ya, be thankful you didn't pall your full balance. Asked my SA wtf is going on with them holding 50K+ of MY money and no car. Guy said he'll look into it and hasn't returned my call. Feels so shady. I literally don't know whether i should be talking to a lawyer at this point.
You seriously need to start asking questions. I suggest sending an email and keeping everything saved. If that was me, and I was in your position I’d be calling my contacts to see what are the next steps. that sucks tho dang..

Same order, 4/3, no VIN or Teslavision notice. Currently 6/15-6/26. Northern Virginia.
Forgive me, I’m new to this forum, so I apologize if I’m not responding correctly. I also live in Northern VA. Curious if you’ve accepted delivery of your Tesla. I ordered a Model 3 SR black exterior, black interior on 5/30 and my estimated delivery moved from 7/15 - 8/4 to 7/21 to 8/10. I’m not too worried about the date changes for me, but would like to know if your estimate was accurate?

does anyone know how long it usually take to get model 3 standard range ? I ordered on June 13th and my EDD is July 31 to Aug 18. I can't really trust this as it changes on daily basis
I ordered 5/30 and my EDD changed yesterday/this morning from 7/15 - 8/4 to 7/21 - 8/11. Previously, it was just changing from 7/15 to 7/14 and then back, but my first EDD was 7/21, so I’ll just wait and see.. but I’d love to know what others have experienced as well.

First post here. I ordered 5/30 as well. Red exterior, white interior, 18 wheels.
Initially the date was around July 15-July 28. At one point it went to June 22- June 30, then slipped as far as July 22-Aug 10 or something like that.
Recently it has been holding steady at July 04 - July 24. Except yesterday when it went to July 10.
And today it is back to July 04 - July 24.

My Delivery Date has moved to right again. Below are my details.
MSM SR+ Ordered 5/27

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 20 - August 09
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08

Weird experience with Tesla

Hi all,
I've had such a weird experience with Tesla - wanted to get your input on it.

I ordered a SR+ Pearl White (All base) on 6/12. The EDD was 8-10 weeks.
On 6/29 I got a text message for a delivery appointment for 6/30 at Serramonte Tesla. I logged in to my tesla account and saw the Tesla Vision agreement, a VIN(1st) and Delivery appointment data and time (6/30). The website also asked me to complete the final payment.

At this time, I made the payment and bought the Tesla insurance (it was the cheapest quote among others in my case). This same evening, I happened to log back in to the tesla account and the VIN was removed (the delivery appointment persisted). I emailed my SA who hasn't replied yet.

I called Serramonte Tesla who said that the car is in production and expected delivery will go ahead, only my VIN changed (they couldn't tell me the new VIN assignment). After that I called Tesla insurance who cancelled the policy and asked me to reapply on the day of delivery.

The next day (day of delivery), I called Serramonte again (4 hours to delivery) since the VIN wasn't visible. They reiterated that the car is expected to get to them by the evening and I should go ahead and sign the Agreement document. The agreement document popped up as we were talking. I saw that the agreement had another VIN(2nd) on it. After I signed the agreement, the representative tells me that the VIN(2nd) is not going to be assigned to me since the car had a defect, but I will get another one assigned quickly 'its a common build'.

Then, 2 hours before delivery I call again and they said that no car has been delivered and they expect it to happen 'tonight or in the next few days'. I was asked to ignore the delivery appointment.

Now, the EDD is back with 9-13 weeks. However, the payment has been made (I haven't received an email receipt, just a confirmation in the tesla account) - the agreement I signed doesn't show up on the account and I have no idea when the car will be delivered.

I called Serramonte today and nobody is answering.

So -

Is this normal?

First post here as well, but same scenario. I ordered 6/14/21 - M3 SR+ MSM. EDD basically changes everyday, originally 6-13 weeks, then once i completed the financing and insurance tabs the EDD was much closer, sometimes it was June, then July or August, just checked today now its July 28-Aug 19. My SC told me Sept when I ordered it. So i'm not surprised by all these gymnastics.