Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD shifted today to July 21 - August 10. like someone else had said, at least I’m not getting the EOQ quality 😉I’m just crossing my fingers it’s before the 60 days and I don’t have to reapply for financing.
Mine was the same EDD as yours and changed today to “9-13 weeks”
Closest date I had was 7/14, now I’m waiting for an EDD. Ordered 5/30. So, who knows? September? October?

Now I'm at 9 - 13 weeks this morning
Same thing happened to me. I started freaking out but then in looking on the forum I saw that a.) it’s talking about total time and not 9-13 weeks from today, and b.) it has happened multiple times where the system switches to showing a range of weeks instead of dates, and then a VIN is assigned within the next week. So I will cross my fingers and do some breathing exercises. LOL

I just talked to someone in the Buena Park CA showroom. She advised me that my EDD is, in fact, 9-13 weeks from my order date of 6/7. I explained that when I ordered, my date range was 7/21-8/10 and this is what I’ve based the timing of my financing and my interim transportation arrangements on. She said she noted on my account that I’m ready to accept delivery immediately if a vehicle with the same configuration (M3SR+ white/white aero wheels no FSD) were to arrive early.

One thing she seemed to imply which I found interesting is that they really just schedule deliveries once a quarter, and that any other vehicles thst become available are likely vehicles where an order was cancelled or deferred. I am sure that I might’ve gotten more information to this effect if I had ordered in a show room. But I ordered online, and the only expectation that was set was that 7/21-8/10 range.

I am so excited for this car but so disenchanted by the process. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Guys, I FEEL the frustration from each post here. Most of the angst, not all, stems directly from the "EDD". The Expected Delivery Date. A better acronym might be "ADD", because Elon has Asperger's. I have Asperger's, and I know it can be confused with ADHD.

It's my opinion Tesla should change the EDD (which seemed to change every 48 hours) to a calmer algorithm, meaning if it said 9-13 weeks when you bought it that target should stay until they actually KNOW its changed. The EDD in it's current state is classic Asperger's. All the data, all the variables, all the time.

I've had my M3 for four whole days now, and the entire car screams Asperger's. From the immaturity of the farting seats, to the extraordinary technical advantages on full display to anyone paying attention. Tesla embodies all that is good about people that think differently, and some maybe that is not so good. IMO the good outweighs the bad if you're buying a car. We build things that work, always outside the box, and always evolving. We suck at parties.

My advice (given freely knowing that no one will listen lol) is to stop looking at the EDD. I don't care how high your expectations are, if you've never experienced a Tesla your expectations will be exceeded. This is by FAR the most understated product I've ever purchased.

You are all so fortunate to be in the queue. You are all part of an elite group with the resources and the foresight to leverage the most disruptive evolution to transportation since the Model T. You'll join the club. You'll notice the head nods from other owners on the road. You'll know, like we all do, that you made the right choice.

It's coming. Love to all.

Cheers.