Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOVA as well and ordered 6/19. Standard config with white interior, no FSD. Started at early July - late July, shifted to late July - late August and last night it changed to 9-13 weeks.
Hopefully, we’ll get ours soon. My situation is comfortable, so it’s not a big deal for me to wait; however, I feel for anyone who has made arrangements based off EDD timelines.

Guys, I FEEL the frustration from each post here. Most of the angst, not all, stems directly from the "EDD". The Expected Delivery Date. A better acronym might be "ADD", because Elon has Asperger's. I have Asperger's, and I know it can be confused with ADHD.

It's my opinion Tesla should change the EDD (which seemed to change every 48 hours) to a calmer algorithm, meaning if it said 9-13 weeks when you bought it that target should stay until they actually KNOW its changed. The EDD in it's current state is classic Asperger's. All the data, all the variables, all the time.

I've had my M3 for four whole days now, and the entire car screams Asperger's. From the immaturity of the farting seats, to the extraordinary technical advantages on full display to anyone paying attention. Tesla embodies all that is good about people that think differently, and some maybe that is not so good. IMO the good outweighs the bad if you're buying a car. We build things that work, always outside the box, and always evolving. We suck at parties.

My advice (given freely knowing that no one will listen lol) is to stop looking at the EDD. I don't care how high your expectations are, if you've never experienced a Tesla your expectations will be exceeded. This is by FAR the most understated product I've ever purchased.

You are all so fortunate to be in the queue. You are all part of an elite group with the resources and the foresight to leverage the most disruptive evolution to transportation since the Model T. You'll join the club. You'll notice the head nods from other owners on the road. You'll know, like we all do, that you made the right choice.

It's coming. Love to all.

Cheers.

Guys, I FEEL the frustration from each post here. Most of the angst, not all, stems directly from the "EDD". The Expected Delivery Date. A better acronym might be "ADD", because Elon has Asperger's. I have Asperger's, and I know it can be confused with ADHD.

It's my opinion Tesla should change the EDD (which seemed to change every 48 hours) to a calmer algorithm, meaning if it said 9-13 weeks when you bought it that target should stay until they actually KNOW its changed. The EDD in it's current state is classic Asperger's. All the data, all the variables, all the time.

I've had my M3 for four whole days now, and the entire car screams Asperger's. From the immaturity of the farting seats, to the extraordinary technical advantages on full display to anyone paying attention. Tesla embodies all that is good about people that think differently, and some maybe that is not so good. IMO the good outweighs the bad if you're buying a car. We build things that work, always outside the box, and always evolving. We suck at parties.

My advice (given freely knowing that no one will listen lol) is to stop looking at the EDD. I don't care how high your expectations are, if you've never experienced a Tesla your expectations will be exceeded. This is by FAR the most understated product I've ever purchased.

You are all so fortunate to be in the queue. You are all part of an elite group with the resources and the foresight to leverage the most disruptive evolution to transportation since the Model T. You'll join the club. You'll notice the head nods from other owners on the road. You'll know, like we all do, that you made the right choice.

Cheers.
While I completely agree, theres a clearcut issue with this. Peoples arrangements are usually based off of the EDD. Anyone selling or trading in their previous vehicle must do so usually about a week or two in advance and arrange transportation in the meantime prior to delivery or risk extending the wait time even more.
If things were more clear when given to the buyer, we could make better planning. I’m in the same boat as most people in terms of having to set things up to prepare for delivery except I’m selling my car and I need to know a definitive window for pickup and even the delivery appointments seem to be up in the air on whether or not it’ll actually stay as your delivery date or be thrown out and told to wait as it’ll be “soon”.
I was fortunate to find out my financing will last 90 days which is well within my 9-13 weeks time frame but not everyone can be so fortunate. This is also assuming my m3 even arrives in the 13 week time frame I’ve been provided.
I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that I get it sooner than expected (sometime this month or next month would be lovely) but realistically thats a wish in the wind.
Living in the east coast and it being the beginning of a new quarter, I’m open to assume we’ll be prioritized as our vehicles over here were forced into west coasts hands to make delivery times for the quarter end but we’re no longer in that boat so who knows. Still, best of luck to everyone waiting.

While I completely agree, theres a clearcut issue with this. Peoples arrangements are usually based off of the EDD. Anyone selling or trading in their previous vehicle must do so usually about a week or two in advance and arrange transportation in the meantime prior to delivery or risk extending the wait time even more.
If things were more clear when given to the buyer, we could make better planning. I’m in the same boat as most people in terms of having to set things up to prepare for delivery except I’m selling my car and I need to know a definitive window for pickup and even the delivery appointments seem to be up in the air on whether or not it’ll actually stay as your delivery date or be thrown out and told to wait as it’ll be “soon”.
I was fortunate to find out my financing will last 90 days which is well within my 9-13 weeks time frame but not everyone can be so fortunate. This is also assuming my m3 even arrives in the 13 week time frame I’ve been provided.
I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that I get it sooner than expected (sometime this month or next month would be lovely) but realistically thats a wish in the wind.
Living in the east coast and it being the beginning of a new quarter, I’m open to assume we’ll be prioritized as our vehicles over here were forced into west coasts hands to make delivery times for the quarter end but we’re no longer in that boat so who knows. Still, best of luck to everyone waiting.
There's NO question you're 100% on point Anthony. I can't imagine a scenario where I needed to sell my car to a 3rd party and use those funds to put down on a Tesla. It's horrible. As I see it there are 2 options. Trade in your vehicle with Tesla at what is likely 70% of it's value or come up with the cash or credit to purchase the Tesla irrespective of your daily transportation. This isn't being argued, because it can't be argued. Again, it's horrible.

At this point Tesla is selling every car they can manufacture. This is no excuse for lacking the foresight, lacking the awareness, and frankly lacking the empathy to SEE what this does to a large % of customers. It's no excuse for lacking the ability to see how it makes those customers feel and from a business standpoint how these feelings may almost certainly come back to bite them.

My post was one of hope. That those that weather the storm will be very glad they did.

The fact remains, as you point out, that the storm is unnecessary.

Love to all, and cheers.

Reactions: CCRM3
There's NO question you're 100% on point Anthony. I can't imagine a scenario where I needed to sell my car to a 3rd party and use those funds to put down on a Tesla. It's horrible. As I see it there are 2 options. Trade in your vehicle with Tesla at what is likely 70% of it's value or come up with the cash or credit to purchase the Tesla irrespective of your daily transportation. This isn't being argued, because it can't be argued. Again, it's horrible.

At this point Tesla is selling every car they can manufacture. This is no excuse for lacking the foresight, lacking the awareness, and frankly lacking the empathy to SEE what this does to a large % of customers. It's no excuse for lacking the ability to see how it makes those customers feel and from a business standpoint how these feelings may almost certainly come back to bite them.

My post was one of hope. That those that weather the storm will be very glad they did.

The fact remains, as you point out, that the storm is unnecessary.

Love to all, and cheers.
Yeah sorry haha I got a little lost in touching up on the idea of how EDDs matter but skipped over the point you were going towards fighting that the EDD shouldn’t be so bad as it is right now.
But yes I completely agree, the storm is a tough one and unnecessary but in the end it’s something we all are experiencing and can get through together as a group sharing our insight with each other to hopefully share some hope amongst the group.
Thanks for the encouragement, it’s genuinely appreciated!

Reactions: CCRM3 and SDBob
I wish I had held off on selling my car. I’m a teacher and thus off for the summer, so I thought, “I’d rather sell the car too early and know that it’s a done deal than be stressed out at the end. I’m not going to work, so being without a car won’t be a big deal.” I’m definitely regretting that, because it has meant that limited access to a car prevents me from being able to enjoy my time off as much. I am in Southern California, and I don’t know if that is going to be a pro or a con for getting a timely delivery of my M3SR+…we shall see! My biggest concern is that I may not have a car before the new school year starts in August. That would definitely suck.

I wish I had held off on selling my car. I’m a teacher and thus off for the summer, so I thought, “I’d rather sell the car too early and know that it’s a done deal than be stressed out at the end. I’m not going to work, so being without a car won’t be a big deal.” I’m definitely regretting that, because it has meant that limited access to a car prevents me from being able to enjoy my time off as much. I am in Southern California, and I don’t know if that is going to be a pro or a con for getting a timely delivery of my M3SR+…we shall see! My biggest concern is that I may not have a car before the new school year starts in August. That would definitely suck.
Out of curiosity then, when did you place your order? Based off what I’ve seen, most May and June orders in CA were prioritized for the EOQ sales. We’re in Q3 now so I’m going to assume there’s no priority right now and it’s just backlog catching up to be had.
And yeah see thats my point regarding selling the car. The EDD is huge on determining when the right time to sell is. Processing for those payments takes a while if theres a lien as well so it just becomes far more annoying of a process if you can’t predict the precise delivery date.
Anyways tl;dr, what was your order date and what was your original EDD time frame (in weeks as well as the original dates posted for your EDD) and your current EDD?

Out of curiosity then, when did you place your order? Based off what I’ve seen, most May and June orders in CA were prioritized for the EOQ sales. We’re in Q3 now so I’m going to assume there’s no priority right now and it’s just backlog catching up to be had.
And yeah see thats my point regarding selling the car. The EDD is huge on determining when the right time to sell is. Processing for those payments takes a while if theres a lien as well so it just becomes far more annoying of a process if you can’t predict the precise delivery date.
Anyways tl;dr, what was your order date and what was your original EDD time frame (in weeks as well as the original dates posted for your EDD) and your current EDD?
Placed order 6/7, submitted insurance and all other requirements the same day. I believe the timeframe upon ordering was 8-11 weeks. Original EDD dates were 7/19 to 8/10. Like a lot of people here, as of today my EDD doesn’t have actual dates, it now just says 9-13 weeks. I owned my car free and clear, so I knew I wouldn’t have to deal with that aspect of selling it but I just wanted to be done with the process. It sold like a week after I placed my order. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Placed order 6/7, submitted insurance and all other requirements the same day. I believe the timeframe upon ordering was 8-11 weeks. Original EDD dates were 7/19 to 8/10. Like a lot of people here, as of today my EDD doesn’t have actual dates, it now just says 9-13 weeks. I owned my car free and clear, so I knew I wouldn’t have to deal with that aspect of selling it but I just wanted to be done with the process. It sold like a week after I placed my order. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Question. How did you submit insurance without a VIN. I believe at least with Geico (my provider), you need a VIN to start a policy. I’m waiting until I get closer to my delivery date before doing financing, selling, insurance so I don’t get screwed.

Question. How did you submit insurance without a VIN. I believe at least with Geico (my provider), you need a VIN to start a policy. I’m waiting until I get closer to my delivery date before doing financing, selling, insurance so I don’t get screwed.
13 states including mine (CA) don’t require the new VIN, just proof of insurance with your current car’s VIN is fine. Which is frankly how I think it should be in every state! 🤣

Anxiously waiting an update!! How did it go?!?
It went great! I honestly don’t know what I would have done without my friend who works at the factory. He checked everything for me. One door panel was a bit off but it was fixed right there before driving off. He was telling me he thinks the issues that arose in the east coast could be because of transport? But here she is in all her glory. I had to take the terrible hubcaps off and tint it immediately. I literally drove to the tint shop right after picking her up lol
07CF8B4F-3A38-4344-95D0-A0464199B475.jpeg

Incase anyone cares…
Things I wish I’d known before:

1. Do not believe everything the Tesla sales advisor says especially when they are trying to get you to order. Always do your research after whatever information they tell you. In my experience the only most truthful thing they told me was to complete your entire profile. Do that and do it quick.
  2. Do not apply for financing until you have a VIN. Regardless of what the SA tells you it has no affect on a VIN being assigned to you and if you apply ahead of time it might expire and your credit will have another hard inquiry for no reason because you could have just waited and had one inquiry. Check with the bank you are financing with on how long the offer stands, I went with Tesla financing and the bank that got me their offer was only good for 30 days which caused them to re run my credit 2 days before pick up.
  3. Most sales advisors don’t care to respond to your emails or questions after you’ve placed your order— this is very common and sadly normal. If you have questions just keep calling your local Tesla center until someone answers. In my experience I never had one person assigned to me I just always gave whoever answered my RN number and they usually assisted me with questions. Also calling right when they open always seemed to work for me on the 3rd attempt.
  4. Do not believe your EDD dates as they will bounce around and do the electric slide for a while. As others have stated on the forum look at them for fun but not for actual information that would make you plan for the dates you see on their—they will change over and over and over again lol
  5. Orders nearest or in CA usually get fulfilled at the end of the quarter, so don’t feel left out or like you did something wrong if your in CA more so NorCal near the factory , and you see people that ordered a month after you (sometimes even less) getting their VIN and pick up dates already. More than likely they are on not in CA. As long as you completed the profile you are in the waiting pool too, you’re just too close for them to care until the end of qtr push LOL
  6. Do not sell your current car if you do not have backup transportation in place. I seen people on the forum go without a car for months because they sold their car.
  7. Be careful buying aftermarket (Amazon/eBay) accessories as the more recent shipments of 2021 Tesla’s have small differences that may cause things not to fit correctly. Read the reviews and information lol (I know this is common sense but I was excited lol)
  8. Any financing questions email : [email protected] they are usually super fast a responding and have more accurate info than the SAs. (From my experience since my SA told me something different for financing and the email told me otherwise in detail)
Cheers on your journey to Tesla. Be patient, hang in there. Again this list is based on my experience. Im my opinion the good outweigh the bad and it is WELL worth the wait. 🥂

Cheers.
Thank you so much for this post!!

Reactions: SDBob