Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edd just changed to 9-13weeks
Ordered 6/6 blue/white sr+
It better not be another 9 weeks….
I called my local showroom and they confirmed that it’s 9-13 weeks from order date and not 9-13 weeks from today. Still sucks, but I guess in the grand scheme of things it’s a relatively short wait? My order date is the day after yours…where are you located? Southern California here.

I made my first Model 3 reservation in April, 2017. Mind you, reservations were $1000 during the pre-production period. I was pretty far down the list. Soon after that, I discovered that current Tesla owners would be moved to the top of the list - so I set about trying to buy a used Model S directly from Tesla. If you’ve read any posts here about buying used from Tesla, you know that the process is fraught with difficulty. But that’s a different story. I ran out of patience and placed an order for a new Model S 75 on 8/6/17 - a pretty big stretch for a community college professor. My vehicle was delivered 9/19/17 - exactly 6 weeks from my order date - to CT, where Tesla isn’t allowed to sell directly. I had to go to Mt. Kisco, NY for the pickup.

The wait was excruciating but, once the vehicle was delivered, it quickly became apparent that it was well worth the wait. I had leased my car and planned to buy it out at the end of the contract. Because of the way Tesla rolled in the original tax credit, the buyout was more than the cost of a new Model 3. The pandemic hit, my job went remote, and I couldn’t justify spending all that money on a car that, for the most part, would sit in my garage for a year and a half. So I turned it in and walked away.

My wife’s job also went remote during the pandemic, so we shared her 2008 Volvo XC 90. It worked out for the most part, but she is headed back to work this week. She got notified that her attendance would be required in mid-June. So, after test driving the new VW ID4 and having driven the Jaguar I Pace, I ordered a blue SR+, no FSD, aero on 6/20. Those other vehicles are nice, but the model 3 is just so much more car for the money than anything else available it made the choice easy. My EDD has bounced from mid-July to , now, 9-13 weeks, just like everyone else.

Tesla delivered around 25K cars during Q3 2017. They delivered 200K this past quarter - so, 8 times as many vehicles. The fact that my EDD is, at worst, twice my first wait is a testament to how far Tesla has come. I know the wait will be painful. I’ll return to checking my EDD everyday. I’ll again surf this and other forums looking for insights on ownership. I’ll fill my Amazon shopping cart with all the accessories I plan to purchase. I know it’s going to be tough. But I know that once the wait is over, it, too, will have been well worth it.

Lol.
EDD was as early as July 4.
Then it became July 11-30.
Yesterday it changed to 9-13 weeks like everyone else.
Today it is July 11-31
Man, we seem to be in much the same boat, except that mine still says 9-13 weeks. So now I’ll be refreshing every 5 minutes all day. 🤣

Out of curiosity, what part of CA are you in? I’m in San Bernardino County. I ordered the week after you and my dates have ranges from 7/31-8/20 all the way down to 7/4-24. Go figure. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Man, we seem to be in much the same boat, except that mine still says 9-13 weeks. So now I’ll be refreshing every 5 minutes all day. 🤣

Out of curiosity, what part of CA are you in? I’m in San Bernardino County. I ordered the week after you and my dates have ranges from 7/31-8/20 all the way down to 7/4-24. Go figure. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I am in the north - Bay Area / Santa Clara County.

Reactions: MisterL
So mine, like a lot of people went today to 9-13 weeks. On the plus side my trade in expired, and when I went put in the mileage again the offer went up $500. So that’s a plus! I’ve driven 1k miles since the last time I submitted.

For reference: ordered in February, placed on hold and took off hold 5/25. Red/Black, no FSD, Aero wheels in Tampa, FL.

So mine, like a lot of people went today to 9-13 weeks. On the plus side my trade in expired, and when I went put in the mileage again the offer went up $500. So that’s a plus! I’ve driven 1k miles since the last time I submitted.

For reference: ordered in February, placed on hold and took off hold 5/25. Red/Black, no FSD, Aero wheels in Tampa, FL.
Wow I drove 300 mile and my offer went down $1,300 I email my SA told him he said that doesn't seem right they all ready drop their offer 2.5k from their first offer now and another 1.3k after my estimate expire

Mine went from 9.13 weeks to July 20 to Aug 9. Ordered MSM SR+ May 27.

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 20 - August 09
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • 9-13 weeks
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03