Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an email to my SA requesting an update, just to see what he would say.
He sent me 2 screenshots. You can see a “loading bar” almost complete and a soft match with a similar model.
The ETA says 8/14 which matches with the EDD 8/11 - 8/20 I have for a week now.
Don’t want to be too much excited because there is no VIN yet.
Ordered 6/16
Man I wish we had access to detailed info like that

Woohoo
2021-07-27_15.54.23.jpg

well Tesla has given me a fancy new mobile website layout but still no VIN.

may 15 order, late sept. EDD

black/black (i think this is partly why it’s taking so long, i see black exteriors so rarely)
also in the bay area and i’ve learned that doesn’t help either

hope all y’alls dreams come true this week! i’m gonna stop checking, i’m giving myself an ulcer

black/black (i think this is partly why it’s taking so long, i see black exteriors so rarely)

hope all y’alls dreams come true this week! i’m gonna stop checking, i’m giving myself an ulcer
Same here, but white/white. Ordered 6/1 with a September EDD.

We're likely just unlucky since we live so close to the factory, and Tesla doesn't operate on a first come first serve basis.

Reactions: frycar

Are you able to access your reservation/order page? Mine keeps redirecting to the dashboard.

If I had to grade Tesla right now:

Technical sprints: A±
Production sprints: F-
The production wait time is 100% understandable as long as there's proper communication though. If I just had a weekly update whether it's an automated status update or a text from my SA on my current delivery timeline, I would be okay with that.

If their EDD didn't shift around so much like sand then maybe more people would take it seriously.

Reactions: Boss56
Just got off the phone with Tesla. Hadn’t received a response from the SMS thread in over a day. Guy on the phone said he’d follow up with the trade in team and see if we can get my valuation bumped back up.
Meanwhile, I technically don’t have a payment set up, so my EDD slipped a day. Currently Aug 8-Aug 28
Don’t let anyone tell you Tesla doesn’t negotiate their trade in valuations.
They came up another $1,300 for me, but it’s still not enough. Guess I’ll be switching my payment to cash…

Reactions: Tesconnect
He sent me 2 screenshots. You can see a “loading bar” almost complete and a soft match with a similar model.
Ordered 6/16
Can we all borrow your SA? haha. I think the factory gate date is the day you will get your VIN.

Ordered 6/16
These were the screens I saw when I went in to the store and talked to my SA. My production day is the day after yours!

Picked up my car this morning. White/white, 19in wheels, Salt Lake City.
I ordered 6/17 and picked it up on 7/26, making it 40 days between order and delivery. My original EDD was July 14th- Aug 4th which ended up being pretty accurate. It later fluctuated to as late as early September. The week before my VIN was assigned, my EDD window shrunk to ten days, starting in two days. Every morning I woke up it was still two days away, but the end date would remain the same. Got my VIN on July 23rd (37 days after order) between 6pm and 8pm mountain time, with a schedule delivery email the next morning around 10.

When I showed up to my appointment, they told me that the truck with my car on it was late, and lent me a model x until my car could be made ready. Sadly they lent me a P100D Model X with ludicrous mode unlocked, so the Model 3 was a bit of a let down after driving that, but still very happy of course.
Same here, but white/white. Ordered 6/1 with a September EDD.

We're likely just unlucky since we live so close to the factory, and Tesla doesn't operate on a first come first serve basis.
Same as you ordered 6/6. And have been holding in Sept for a week