Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 692630
I'm sure someone needs to hear this today... It's worth it 😆😏😌😉🤭 I recommend that you watch the tutorial videos a few times over so you're not having to fidget with things as you're driving for the first time. Take your time and configure your car and make sure you're comfortable before taking off. Also, learning how to lock/unlock it is probably the biggest pain at first in addition to the fact that your Tesla app might need to reload every 2 minutes 🤦🏾‍♀️😂 regen isn't as bad as people make it out to be (I didn't test drive so the drive home was my first experience)... All in all it's pretty freaking awesome 😎 blinded a few people on the freeway with my gorgeous white seats 🙈

Also, shout-out to Cali folks ☺️ don't lose hope, especially if you're in the bay!
Lol yes I watched so many YouTube videos to set up the car so I didn't look like a fool at Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Leah and hcdavis3
Question for people with a car.
1. I watched a video today about a guy that started his car and then drove it without a key or cell phone. That is a bit worrisome, but I guess I can fix that with a number code.
2. If I walk around my house and my phone connects with the car will it turn off and on?

Question for people with a car.
1. I watched a video today about a guy that started his car and then drove it without a key or cell phone. That is a bit worrisome, but I guess I can fix that with a number code.
2. If I walk around my house and my phone connects with the car will it turn off and on?
No - u can only turn the car on with ur phone by specifically pressing the key button on the app. The car doesn’t automatically start via close proximity blue tooth

Attachments

• 0D23F6F2-E237-4D20-B333-8E90C662DA93.jpeg
    0D23F6F2-E237-4D20-B333-8E90C662DA93.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Jcavs88
My EDD kept moving backwards so I decided to contact my SA via email, I explained that although I knew that he had no control over delivery I couldn't wait indefinitely until Tesla decided that it was time to give me a car. I was really open to consider other options.
He quickly replied that he will call me back with news. During the call he said that he understood and was sorry, they had someone matching my build who wanted to delay their delivery so hopefully he could get me that car.
Couple of hours later I received and email from SA asking to check my account, bingo! Tesla Vision prompt, VIN in account, estimated delivery 8/8 - 8/11.
I know is not the same for everyone but I can't stress how helpful my SA has been throughout the process and was always willing to go the extra mile to make my experience better.
I hope this is helpful for others.

My EDD kept moving backwards so I decided to contact my SA via email, I explained that although I knew that he had no control over delivery I couldn't wait indefinitely until Tesla decided that it was time to give me a car. I was really open to consider other options.
He quickly replied that he will call me back with news. During the call he said that he understood and was sorry, they had someone matching my build who wanted to delay their delivery so hopefully he could get me that car.
Couple of hours later I received and email from SA asking to check my account, bingo! Tesla Vision prompt, VIN in account, estimated delivery 8/8 - 8/11.
I know is not the same for everyone but I can't stress how helpful my SA has been throughout the process and was always willing to go the extra mile to make my experience better.
I hope this is helpful for others.
Wow, i wish I was even ever given this mythical SA everyone speaks of.

That's an interesting screenshot, mine doesn't have a "key" icon:

View attachment 692734
@Midnightpatrol’s screen shot was of the model X while yours is the model 3. While the main screen for the 2 cars is a little different, the key icon is in the controls screen for both cars. My guess is that the key is more prominently displayed for the model X because it does not have phone as key, so it is more likely to use this icon to start the car, while it would be a rare event for the key icon in the app to be used for the model 3.

Reactions: Mad4sax
Guys and gals! I’m about to do something stupid. Watching more YouTube videos and patiently waiting to get my M3 (order date 6/11 and my EDD is now Aug 17-25)….but I ordered a White exterior and black interior. Going to the Tesla dealership and ask them to change my order to a white interior. I wonder if that will move me back to the back of the line. Even if it does, I feel that I rather wait another 3 months instead of having it regret it for years. Eeeeek, this is going to be so dumb of me but F-it 😂

• Funny
Reactions: NB Hip fan
Welp. Lost another week on the random number generator. 🙄 September 16 - September 30. I asked my SA if I can schedule another overnight test drive to keep my spirits up. We’ll see if I get a response.
He got back to me! Looks like I will be a Tesla owner for one night Sunday night! 😂😂😂 I’m hoping to be re-invigorated at the possibility of getting a VIN soon 😄
I ordered my Black SR+ on 05/31/21, and just got my VIN# this morning, 9 1/2 weeks later. Since I've been coming to this forum for information, I thought I would come here and share mine. I ordered in Sherman Oaks, Ca.

Woot Woot .. Got a VIN!! :D:D:D:D

Just received my vin !!!! I'm dancing right now !!
CONGRATS to all the VINs today! 🎊🍾🎉🥳

The car is never really off. The most it does is to sleep, but it is still technically on. Even the key in the app discussed above is just about giving the car permission to be driven… the car is still in park until someone sitting in the driver’s seat switches it to Drive or Reverse.

Not sure what the person in the video was doing. If he had the phone or key card and put the car in drive, then someone took the key card and phone out of the car, yes, I think it would let him drive until he puts it in park.

Also, the car CAN be driven without the phone or key present at all. Someone would have to have the app open on a phone, press the key icon, confirm that yes they are authorizing the car to be driven, and then the person at the car has 2 minutes to put the car into Drive. No PIN is asked for in the car. Once the driver puts it into back into Park, that authorization is over. The phone logged into the Tesla app can be on the other side of the world, and this will work. It can be a convenient thing if you need someone to go pick up your car for you.

Reactions: Jcavs88
@Midnightpatrol’s screen shot was of the model X while yours is the model 3. While the main screen for the 2 cars is a little different, the key icon is in the controls screen for both cars. My guess is that the key is more prominently displayed for the model X because it does not have phone as key, so it is more likely to use this icon to start the car, while it would be a rare event for the key icon in the app to be used for the model 3.
Ah, thanks, I didn't know there were/are different apps for each model, I'm only seeing one in the app store.

Reactions: Vystery