Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same i really wanna ask them about sentry mode and setting up a pin, about the app and a couple of other things, also *knock on wood* if i see a defect. Glad to see you’re finally getting your car!! That wait was rough lol
If it states in the delivery notice your address, then it is being delivered to your residence. You should have a few minutes to discuss some things with the Tesla employee after they arrive. My recommendation is to look over the car carefully before signing anything. Look for:

• Any dents, dings, or paint imperfections (our 2018 had a major paint defect on the rear the said they would fix if we took delivery, so we took delivery. then they stated if we wanted it fixed, it would be send to a body shop for weeks, so we denied. regret that to this day.)
  • Some panels and body areas won't line up exactly but Im not too OCD about it. Make sure you try all your doors to include the frunk and trunk to make sure no body parts catch.
  • Ensure the screen works with touches all over and not just certain areas.
  • Look for any dirt or smudges on the interior
Those are the big things we looked for. Our 21' has far less visual issues than our 18' so we were quite happy. Hopefully yours is good too and hope you have a lot of fun looking it over and playing with everything.

In terms of any questions, I'd be happy to answer any you have. Sentry mode is very easy to get setup, and the PIN is as well. Or im sure the others on the forum would also be very willing to help.

Reactions: SPCCAR0922
→ Ordered Model 3 SR+ on 7/20 in Los Angeles,
→ Delivery scheduled on 9/27,
→ Had to delay it due to vacation,
→ Got my VIN on 10/23,
→ Submitted my existing insurance card (for another car) on the website to be able to proceed,
→ Easily entered payment information by logging into my bank account through Plaid embedded in the Tesla website,
→ When available, I applied for Tesla Insurance (which offered me $161 per month instead of $226 that my insurance broker offered earlier),
→ Scheduled home delivery (only option) for 10/29.

Edd Update, origially it was
9/8 ordered edd Jan
then moved to November to december
then moved to Oct 24th to Nov 15th
then moved to Dec 1st to the 25th
back to November 21st to the Dec 11th
back to Nov 21st to Dec 19th

Just checked this morning now Oct 27th to Nov 8th

M3 Red with white Interior no FSD aero wheels
Mine has done something similar. Just moved today to October 27th to Nov 7th. I have same config as you and am in Sacramento area. Maybe we will both get our cars within this next week! (Except I ordered 8/12!!)

→ Ordered Model 3 SR+ on 7/20 in Los Angeles,
→ Delivery scheduled on 9/27,
→ Had to delay it due to vacation,
→ Got my VIN on 10/23,
→ Submitted my existing insurance card (for another car) on the website to be able to proceed,
→ Easily entered payment information by logging into my bank account through Plaid embedded in the Tesla website,
→ When available, I applied for Tesla Insurance (which offered me $161 per month instead of $226 that my insurance broker offered earlier),
→ Scheduled home delivery (only option) for 10/29.
Did you get a different car after the delay? I am going to have the same issue. My EDD is 10/31-11/6 which is when I am on vacation. I am to talk to the sales rep on Thursday when the car is closer to being delivered to Raleigh to make a decision on what to do - they said I could do the paperwork in advance and then have someone else pick it up when I am out of town. I will likely delay but am concerned I will be put at the end of the list. I wouldn't mind getting the car anytime from mid November until end of January but can't wait longer than that.

Since picking up my MYLR this past weekend, I'm going to ask my SA to release the VIN on a blue/white/19" Model 3 SR+ (NCA battery) in the Orlando area. Delivery was supposed to be Oct 29th (this Friday)

My order will go on hold but the VIN/car will be released.

If anybody wants it, I could pass your info to my SA. You'd probably have to create a new order with the above spec but the VIN would be instantly matched to you.

Did you get a different car after the delay? I am going to have the same issue. My EDD is 10/31-11/6 which is when I am on vacation. I am to talk to the sales rep on Thursday when the car is closer to being delivered to Raleigh to make a decision on what to do - they said I could do the paperwork in advance and then have someone else pick it up when I am out of town. I will likely delay but am concerned I will be put at the end of the list. I wouldn't mind getting the car anytime from mid November until end of January but can't wait longer than that.
I didn't receive a VIN before, during my vacation time, so I'm not 100% sure that it's the exact same car or not, but in terms of configuration, it is. Since the first delivery date was 9/27 and the new one is 10/29 (more than a month later), I believe that it's a different car with the same color, features, etc.

currently i set payment to full cash...i received vin....but delivery date is not scheduled yet.

i applied loan from credit union and check is on the way to my home. how do i update the payment method, do i take the check an give to dealer during pickup, or contact tesla to make changes?

currently i set payment to full cash...i received vin....but delivery date is not scheduled yet.

i applied loan from credit union and check is on the way to my home. how do i update the payment method, do i take the check an give to dealer during pickup, or contact tesla to make changes?

Mines the opposite got an edd but no Vin yet. Get in touch with an sa and tell them you want to change to finance instead