Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure tesla has quota for every states on how much vehicle to deliver on the specific date. If they've reach the quota, they will push the date further away if you have not recieve your car. For my case, my original edd was around October; many people recieved their car during those dates in my area. Soon, the quota reached and my edd pushed back to the next batch on January.
Agreed. Also I think there is a bad feedback loop in the system. Bad estimates -> orders being put on hold due to early deliveries -> further screws up delivery estimates for others. FWIW I think they're trying to optimise deliveries/estimates as best possible with their current manufacturing capabilities. Not to mention all kinds of supply chain shortages going on globally. Silver lining is that maybe BBB will be passed soon and I'm still WFH until Jan/Feb anyway

I just got a text message from Tesla Buena Park that my car will be available in 10-14 days and to reply back if I was ready to take delivery, or choose a month that would be better. I chose to take delivery.

I also asked if I should follow the EDD in my Tesla account or the 10-14 days, but they said they are optimistic I will take delivery before end of this month.
I received the same text Wednesday. (Same location) Haven’t heard since. Also no vin. Have you had any updates?

I booked me red model 3 SR+ in end of July currently the Scheduled delivery is Feb/March . Just got a call from the dealership if I want to buy the Test drive vehicle same color as the one I have requested . It has been driven for 200-250 miles . Does it make sense to get it or wait till March . I am not in any rush to get it if it just makes sense to wait for the new Car in March .

Any suggestions Please

Ordered 10/3/2021
M3 SR+ White exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/No FSD (price was $39,990 at the time)
Location: Silicon Valley about 30 minutes from the Fremont, CA factory
Website estimate when I ordered: EDD June 2022
After placing order and completing profile online: EDD April 2022
October 9 update: EDD Dec 18 - Dec 31
Mid October update: EDD Dec 23 - Dec 31
Nov 18 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 31
Dec 5 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 19
Dec 8 update: EDD Dec 10 - Dec 19
Dec 11 update: EDD Jan 21 - Feb 18

After entering the EDD window a second time, my EDD is now pushed out more than a month.

I booked me red model 3 SR+ in end of July currently the Scheduled delivery is Feb/March . Just got a call from the dealership if I want to buy the Test drive vehicle same color as the one I have requested . It has been driven for 200-250 miles . Does it make sense to get it or wait till March . I am not in any rush to get it if it just makes sense to wait for the new Car in March .

Any suggestions Please
I would wait if you are not in rush. Simply because demo would be a 2021 year vs yours 2022. Also its a demo so most likely its been charged 100% lot of times i am sure. .also dont think that demo would have heated rear seats standard.

Reactions: anilkuj
If it's an identical car, I wouldn't worry about 250 miles. With an ICE, the brand new engine would likely be floored many times on short test drives before any break-in. The engine may have been cold too, both of which which would concern me. With a Tesla, the drive train needs no warm up or break-in.

Officially exiting this thread since I was finally able to pick up my SR M3 earlier today. I was expecting Redshift to look good, but I was honestly a bit shocked at just how good this red pops in the sun. Ordered July 5, took delivery Dec 11.

Attachments

• DE82DFAD-BEAB-403C-80FD-8CAD3F4E4CEE.jpeg
    DE82DFAD-BEAB-403C-80FD-8CAD3F4E4CEE.jpeg
    804.8 KB · Views: 92