Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time to grab the popcorn and watch from the sidelines now. Got my SR+ today. Ryzen & Li-ion battery. SA said my car had heated wipers, but I don't see an option to turn it on nor do I see if the hardware is there. I didn't look closely if the rear windows are dual paned or not.

Model: M3 SR+, MSM/Black/Aero
Pre-order page said March 2022 delivery. Placed order on 9/20 and got:

EDD as of 9/20: 11/8-12/8
EDD as of 10/20: 12/12-12/31
EDD as of 10/29: 1/30-2/27
EDD as of 10/30: 2/19-3/19
EDD as of 11/1: 12/18-12/31
EDD as of 11/4: 2/13-3/13
EDD as of 11/7: 12/14-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/26-12/24
EDD as of 11/23: 11/30-12/14
EDD as of 11/28: 11/30-12/27
On hold on 12/2 till 1/1
Hold released by Tesla on 12/28: No EDD
EDD as of 1/3: 1/22-2/19
EDD as of 1/6: 1/11-1/25
EDD as of 1/12: 1/14-1/27
EDD as of 1/15: 1/20-2/17
EDD as of 1/21: 1/25-2/8
EDD as of 1/26: 1/28-2/9
EDD as of 1/27: Got assigned a VIN!
Delivered 1/30

VIN: 166xxx
Look at where the wipers rests. Do you see the heated elements ?

Reactions: rudythecar
EDD changed yesterday to Feb 11 @ 1pm!

VIN is also visible in the source code (167***), I’ll update you guys on whether or not it comes with Ryzen!

Keep us posted on this for sure!

What I find interesting is that I ordered the identical config (RWD, MSM/Black/Aero) on Oct 23rd in Ottawa, and my EDD went from Feb 10-Mar 10 out to June 5-July 7 this weekend. So clearly, orders are not fulfilled in order of receipt, or maybe it will change back this week. It feels a bit like a lottery.

On the bright side, if it stays on the later side maybe I'll get the laminated rear windows, and it does potentially mean not having to mount the winter tires in the bitter cold in my driveway :)

Keep us posted on this for sure!

What I find interesting is that I ordered the identical config (RWD, MSM/Black/Aero) on Oct 23rd in Ottawa, and my EDD went from Feb 10-Mar 10 out to June 5-July 7 this weekend. So clearly, orders are not fulfilled in order of receipt, or maybe it will change back this week. It feels a bit like a lottery.

On the bright side, if it stays on the later side maybe I'll get the laminated rear windows, and it does potentially mean not having to mount the winter tires in the bitter cold in my driveway :)
I found that too, especially with the Canadian orders recently.
My Ottawa order was 143 days before I received a VIN, looking at the spreadsheet, a typical order is in the 90 day range.

EDD changed yesterday to Feb 11 @ 1pm!

VIN is also visible in the source code (167***), I’ll update you guys on whether or not it comes with Ryzen!
Yesterday, my EDD also moved forward from Feb 15 to Feb 11. I also changed to part to finance as I had Cash selected up until now. SA enabled this via a text and approval was quick!

Scotiabank @3.08 for 72 months.

Looks like there will be a few of us there at same time. I'm at 12:30!

I'm also 167xxx vin
Blue/Blk Aero

Do I need a minimum post count or something else to be able to add Thanks and Likes???

Yesterday morning, my EDD was May - slipped a few days before... last night, my VIN came in and my car is ready for pickup this Saturday. Go figure...

I did call Tesla and email my SA in the morning to see if the slippage was due to some info needed. I never heard back from my SA, but the person on the Tesla number said the delays were covid related. Maybe inquiring helped. Hard to say.
I was out of town on Saturday, so I picked it up today. Intel chip, which was my preference for lower power consumption.

My only worry right now is the 12V Li-ion in cold weather… It does not look like it is « actively heated » and according to my research the CATL cells Tesla use can’t be charged bellow -10C… having been in the -20s here for a few weeks I’d be curious to hear real life accounts.

Heat would also be a concern in the Summer if car is left out in the sun. I don't recall seeing any 12V Li-ion thermal management in the Model S teardown being done by Munro on youtube. We have to assume Tesla knows what they're doing and chose a battery that can last at least as long as the previous lead acid. Time will tell I guess.

Reactions: MR F
OD:10/08/21
California

MSM w/ Black Int | 18" Aero Wheels | No FSD

Still showing EDD: Feb 10 - Mar 10 no vin

Just giving an update on status.... It seems once the vision agreements come through then the vin shows in source code... but I have not shown an update. Status has stated the same for me since jan1... hopefully something will change this week.