Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the website is now displaying a two month range on new orders. Delivery for my configuration at time of purchase (3/11) was August 2022, but if I build the same car now it's July 2022 - September 2022. Probably just buying themselves some wiggle room huh.
Have you seen the website today says Jun-Aug 2022 for the orders placed today. This is the first time I have seen a range shown for deliveries.

I see the website is now displaying a two month range on new orders. Delivery for my configuration at time of purchase (3/11) was August 2022, but if I build the same car now it's July 2022 - September 2022. Probably just buying themselves some wiggle room huh.
Ordered a M3 RWD on 3/22. Initially it showed EDD 8/2022. I just checked and it showd 8/13 - 10/8. With the exactly base config wo upgrade, it still shows July - Sept 2022 as EDD.

I hope to get the car by end of July or mid Aug so I can sell the mini van and not to pay for additional year of registration fee. Plus, I really want to sell it before the extended warranty expire by end of Aug.

So I’m sitting here super charging with a crackling fire on my screen. We picked the car up yesterday. It’s a bit of a learning curve but I’m loving it. It was worth the almost 6 month wait. Pickup was pretty smooth except for the fact that our insurance company hadn’t faxed over the docs they needed to put on the plates so we did have to wait around an hour or two for that to all be completed. We didn’t mind at all as we weren’t in a rush and it gave plenty of time for my 11 year old to figure out to work everything in the car so that she could teach me. I am now a pro at colorizing the car image and caraoke and beach buggy racing. And obviously starting a good fire :). The car was pristine. No issues at all.

After pickup we actually had to drive 4 hours to NJ for a family event. It was a little stressful learning how to drive a Tesla with anew navigations system while also navigating traffic on busy roads that I was unfamiliar with. But it also gave me a great opportunity to try out navigating on autopilot and regular autopilot. I have to say it’s great. I had one phantom braking episode which was no big deal though a little alarming. And im learning what the car does well and doesn’t. The only dicey situations while using navigate on autopilot were when I was in the right lane and cars were merging at the same speed I was going. Had I been driving I’d have slowed down or sped up to let them in but the Tesla did neither and then tried to stop when they cut in a bit close. So now I know. Happened twice in the 4 hour drive and once it was with another Tesla.

So, if you’re on the fence on FSD and can afford it and it will bump your order date up, I say go for it. It’s only going to get better and it’s pretty awesome getting the full Tesla experience. I can tell I’ll use it all the time. Do I need it? No. Is the car still awesome with out it? Yes.
652D683C-E871-4401-983D-362490E0FD68.jpeg
89447541-8F81-4F89-9012-087BD9BC59CD.jpeg
0B27F053-D106-46CF-89BE-98195CA6CD00.jpeg

Ordered a M3 RWD on 3/22. Initially it showed EDD 8/2022. I just checked and it showd 8/13 - 10/8. With the exactly base config wo upgrade, it still shows July - Sept 2022 as EDD.

I hope to get the car by end of July or mid Aug so I can sell the mini van and not to pay for additional year of registration fee. Plus, I really want to sell it before the extended warranty expire by end of Aug.
Noticed the same thing. Jul-Sept on website for new orders of same car. EDD in account is Aug-Oct.

So interesting, the Tesla website now shows a base M3 in white, silver, blue, red, black with deliver Jun - Aug 2022…. based on the numerous folks on here, that’s just a smoke screen to let a new buyer today not think delivery is THAT far away…?

My question is, for everyone who’s waiting with orders placed months ago, did the Tesla website say something similar BEFORE you made the decision to place an order?

So interesting, the Tesla website now shows a base M3 in white, silver, blue, red, black with deliver Jun - Aug 2022…. based on the numerous folks on here, that’s just a smoke screen to let a new buyer today not think delivery is THAT far away…?

My question is, for everyone who’s waiting with orders placed months ago, did the Tesla website say something similar BEFORE you made the decision to place an order?
Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Black w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22)

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx

Site said February when I ordered in September 21. My current EDD is Jul-Aug. Some people get their cars when their initial order estimated but not many. Order a M3P if you want it on time.

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx

OD: 8/16
Black/Black 18” no FSD

EDD on day of purchase was Sept - Oct. That quickly moved to Nov - Dec.

Then it bounced to Jan, Feb, March, April and now it’s May -June. If I get the car on May I would have been waiting 9 months..

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Black w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22)
We have the same timeline except I ordered on 9/18/21 - EDD is one day off April 29- June 3rd. MSM/Blk/18 Aero/No FSD

Reactions: theocguy and RPYT
Hello, I do have a M3 RWD on order and I haven't seen a single thread of anyone else who is waiting for a M3 RWD. Anyways, I ordered my car in October and my EDD keeps on getting delayed. Anyone else with the same issue? I had original of March-April but now it is at July-August, which is the same EDD if you were to order a new M3 RWD car. Am frustrated but wondering if anyone else is going through the same issue. I have yet to see many deliveries to the RWD model and it just seems like Tesla is just ignoring this version as a whole. Has anyone gotten their RWD order yet?? Please tell me, am curious.