Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No inside information but I used to be an engineer at GM and know more than the average bear about building electrified vehicles. My opinion is that customer satisfaction is not really in the mission plan for Tesla. They are an engineering company who builds cars in a very non-traditional way. They skip steps and iterate solutions much differently than a traditional OEM. They are optimizing designs for manufacturability and not quality or serviceability. They are trying to build as many EVs as possible and make a car that sells itself. They don't care if any one person gets a car as long as all the cars are sold to someone.

Its all quite fascinating. I at least partially ordered a Tesla to experience the weirdness (from an OEM perspective).
What a great summary of Tesla, that explains everything about the horrible Tesla ordering and delivery experience.

Reactions: alset3000
That's because any EDD more than a month away is meaningless. Those less than a month away are slightly less meaningless. The EDD can and will jump back and forth until you get a VIN. Comparing EDDs is a fun distraction but don't try to figure out some pattern. There isn't one. Orders will loosely be filled in the order they were made but there are a half dozen modifiers to that. Plus, people refusing delivery for some reason will jump someone local up in line, which throws off comparisons. There is too little public data to figure out with any certainty when anyone will get their car.
My EDD is tomorrow and it's still meaningless🤣

We are never getting these cars, lol.

I ordered last last August. My EDD went from November 2021 then to December 2021. Then Jan 15. Feb 18 - March 12. Then June. Then March 31. Then April 12th - may 8th, then May 9th to June 11th.

Now its June 27th to August 8th.

I am now forced to continue driving a car ive already been driving too long and pour money money into. This is just sad.

I dont know how Tesla prioritizes orders, but it seems people in my area seem to be bottom of the totem pole. This process has been way too ridiculous.

Model: M3 SR, MSM/Black/Aero
OD Nov 25, 2021 (Thanksgiving)
EDD Oct 2022
EDD Feb 14- March 14 2022
EDD Oct 2022
EDD Mar 13 - Mar 31 2022
EDD (Feb 1) April 15 - May 13 2022
EDD (Apr 15) May 23 – June 27 2022
EDD (April 20) July 10 – Aug 21, 2022
Updated again after just 5 days!
Delivery to Fresno, CA

Reactions: rudythecar
Also, just noticed something peculiar. In those emails tesla sends out with the order agreements, i noticed back in february i got an email which said my order had changed. The date that the order was placed was now shwing as feb 2022 instead of august 2021. The thing is, i didnt change anything.

Is there a reason this happens/have others encountered something similar?

We are never getting these cars, lol.

I ordered last last August. My EDD went from November 2021 then to December 2021. Then Jan 15. Feb 18 - March 12. Then June. Then March 31. Then April 12th - may 8th, then May 9th to June 11th.

Now its June 27th to August 8th.

I am now forced to continue driving a car ive already been driving too long and pour money money into. This is just sad.

I dont know how Tesla prioritizes orders, but it seems people in my area seem to be bottom of the totem pole. This process has been way too ridiculous.
I am in the exact same boat , same timelines as yours . OD Aug 4th current EDD July - Aug :(

Reactions: Jbedz