Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whelp, let the pushbacks continue, +1 from me, now in the same club!
Checked the App yesterday AM and noticed it has shifted back about 3 weeks and now shows 8.8 - 9.12. (previously 7.16 - 8.27)
Not complaining, just a tad sad that it's further away now than it was on Saturday. I applaud everyone here & on Reddit that is waiting approaching 12 months... y'all are super heros!

Anyways we're all in this together and supportive of eachother which is great. PLUS the more people we have sharing info & updates, the more details we can sort of piece together and understand what's happening in real time. All those things are BIG 👍👍👍👍

Checked the App yesterday AM and noticed it has shifted back about 3 weeks and now shows 8.8 - 9.12. (previously 7.16 - 8.27)
Not complaining, just a tad sad that it's further away now than it was on Saturday. I applaud everyone here & on Reddit that is waiting approaching 12 months... y'all are super heros!

Anyways we're all in this together and supportive of eachother which is great. PLUS the more people we have sharing info & updates, the more details we can sort of piece together and understand what's happening in real time. All those things are BIG 👍👍👍👍
Sorry if this is a repeated question. But what is your OD?

I said to myself i wouldnt do it..but i just changed my order to LR..this gas prices have been really hard..5.3 usd here in arizona is insane..od was 4/09 blue, black interior,no fsd,aero wheels..Current edd even with the change is 08/7 to 09/18..ill still be here but ill be mainly at awd thread now
If you're willing to share, what is the price difference for the upgrade?

Pasadena, CA (Pick-up Burbank)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Deep Blue Metallic/Black | Sport Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/28/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - 5/22/22)
EDD: July 11 - Aug 15 (as of 5/23/22)
Configuration changed (5/23/22): Blk/Blk/Aero to Blue/Blk/Sports Wheels
VIN Received 5/24 (244XXX)
EDD: May 24 - May 29 (as of 5/24/22 - 5/27/22)
EDD: May 28 - May 30 (as of 5/27/22)
DD: May 29 (Home delivery)

Reference of my timetable for the newbies

I ended up keeping my Sports Wheels instead of swapping with my neighbor. I'm going to get them powder coated satin black!
Those powder coated wheels should look badass!
Post a couple photos when you can? Give us all regular folks a energy boost as we patiently wait :)

Reactions: RPYT
Alright, if Tesla won’t offer transparency… I will. Contemporary Amprex Technology (CATL) was Tesla’s only supplier of LFP batteries. According to CNBC, CATL is responsible for 25% of global EV battery market share.

Yesterday another Chinese company, BYD Co Ltd, announced that they would now be supplying Tesla with batteries going forward. BYD is apparently only responsible for 7% of global EV battery market share which means one of two things.

1. They have much lower production capability than competitors

OR

2. They have production capabilities, but haven’t been awarded contract opportunities to supply major companies.

I’m assuming if Tesla is comfortable enough to go with BYD, then they’re confident BYD would have the production capabilities to supply them consistently. Switching suppliers is a big deal. I’m hoping it’s #2.

🤞

This is why, lol:

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7
EDD as of 12/8: Feb 20 - March 20
EDD as of 1/20: TBD
EDD as of 1/20: Feb 20 - March 20
Trade in text: Feb 12
EDD as of 2/15: March 12 - 31
EDD as of 2/26: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 3/5: March 11 - 31
EDD as of 3/10: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 4/16: May 11 - June 15
EDD as of 4/25: May 15 - June 12
EDD as of 5/1: July 7 - August 18
EDD as of 5/27: July 14 - August 18

I've had a lot of "just around the corner" moments. Getting pretty frustrated.

But haven’t changed yet. Still waiting lol
Danng you have such patience!!!
9 months in with 12 months (or more...) looming out of the darkness real fast. I'm guessing when you ordered back in Sept2021 you're thinking, "ok cool, 6 months isn't too long + I'll get the 2022 version, all is good"

Now 9+ months later, it's like ok now what...?

If it's any consolation, my OD is a week off from yours (MSM/18"/No FSD) and my most recent EDD has put me in Oct-Dec 2023.

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx
1655158282489.png

Why I like this 1st chart :
Look at the Q1 LR orders. 475% more LR compared to SR+. Normal that currently we seem to see only LR VINs in Q1 and Q2.

Now look at how the almost ending Q2 is shaping up. The percentage drops to 50% more LR compared to SR+.

Of course these numbers are biased by the fact that some or many original Q1 SR+ buyers switched to LR at some point. If an SR+ order was placed in Q1 and switched to LR in Q2, it still show as a Q1 LR order as the survey's data does not track model switching.

View attachment 814921

Another positive chart. See how the March peak is gradually melting and flattening the curve. I remember seeing 209 a month ago.

View attachment 814923

I'm confident (or should I say hoping) that we'll be up for improvement shortly.
  1. LR Outstanding order melting
  2. Q2 LR order smaller
  3. Tesla new LFP cell supplier.
  4. All of us praying the EDD holly God every night :)
*As always all that analytic is based on our small, mini, little, tiny data sample and on users goodwill data reliability.
Woooooooo positive trend
Yesssss
Keep on swimming ladies & gents... 👍

I wish, still stuck at the same EDD of 7/29-9/2
Thanks for the update. My paper, old school tracker sheet is slowing getting filled.. either with RWD deliveries or (a lot) of upgrades to LR. However one positive spin to that is it's 1 less person waiting for a RWD model so we all advance one step closer.... (gotta try to think positive each and every day).

OD 3/5/2022 MGM/Black/Aero/ NO FSD
EDD Aug 12- Oct
After two weeks
EDD Oct 7 to Dec 12
On 6/9 change to Red/Black/19/FSD
Today edd change to June 23 - July 7
Don’t know if this accurate but looks like you do get early EDD when price get higher?
Gotta love that FSD upgrade... apparently the $12,000 price tag helps get you to the front of the line... perhaps a 'thank you' of sorts for the higher sticker price?

You're about 10 days away, wahooooo! 👏

From the article "To be clear, Tesla delivers cars to areas that are furthest from its factories at the beginning of the quarter. It also focuses more on exports during that time. As the quarter nears its end, people living in cities very close to the EV brand's Gigafactories will likely take delivery."

That kind of break all hope for Central, East and northern areas to see magic happen by the end of this Q2 month. My current EDD puts me right at the beginning of Q4 so hopefully it will happen.
So idiotic question here.. you and me ordered 2 days apart, basically the same config (+1 on Blue for me and +1 on 19" wheels for you)... how does it take 60 days longer to get a car to you in Canada than to me here in TX?