Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that may work for some garage door. But I like most is that Tesla integrated home link device can automatically open (and close) garage door based on GPS location. so I don't need to say anything ;-);
You can get a cheap attachment that uses your phone location to open the garage door might be worth looking into I think I’ve seen them for as low as $40

Well... They just gave the option to add Enhanced Autopilot for 6k or FSD for 12k. I pulled the trigger. that's an Upgrade I'm willing to add. Part of me wanted to wait and just subscribe. But, the other side of me was worried they would pull the rug out from under me and take EAP away again. I wish it was Tied to your Tesla Account and not to the vehicle itself. Which would make it more sensible for people who only keep cars a few years. Let's see if this changes anything in EDD (other then push it out further >.> ) Here's hopin!

that may work for some garage door. But I like most is that Tesla integrated home link device can automatically open (and close) garage door based on GPS location. so I don't need to say anything ;-);
That wouldn’t work for me. We have a screen in addition to our garage door. I don’t want anything automatic like that. Especially
For that price. I think it cost me about $40 to integrate the garage door into Homelink and I can open the door from anywhere.

Hey all, new hopeful Tesla owner here. Placed order sometime in Feb, expected delivery is showing August - September. Initial date was June - July but it switched to the current one by itself. I did change the color once after the new delivery window.
Are there any source code tricks that can help give a better estimate? Or am I stuck until August?

Reactions: Nick11
Hey all, new hopeful Tesla owner here. Placed order sometime in Feb, expected delivery is showing August - September. Initial date was June - July but it switched to the current one by itself. I did change the color once after the new delivery window.
Are there any source code tricks that can help give a better estimate? Or am I stuck until August?
There’s no hidden EDD within the source code. If you’re still on the generic EDD, then it will change the next day or some more. This if you just changed the color.

What are your order details? I'd recommend adding them to your signature (in settings) to help others reference. Just a note that you won't be able to react to people's posts until you have a few comments on the forums, then it will unlock this feature for you.

Assuming you haven't purchased FSD prepare for a 10+ month wait.

Reactions: rdrice1960
What are your order details? I'd recommend adding them to your signature (in settings) to help others reference. Just a note that you won't be able to react to people's posts until you have a few comments on the forums, then it will unlock this feature for you.

Assuming you haven't purchased FSD prepare for a 10+ month wait.
Model 3 base version RWD without FSD, the entry level model essentially! Ah daaamn, was hoping to get it this year 💔

My wife was asking what's up with the Tesla. So I explained about LFP, supply chain, Hertz, LR/P priority, etc. Her response was you should just upgrade and move on. I think I will hold out a few more weeks and see if east coast '21 orders start getting VINs.
Maybe I should upgrade my wife. Mine says what's the big deal. You can wait.

Ordered back in October 2021. I asked my faceless rep via text if I can upgrade to long range at the October ‘21 price and he said no. Any changes made brings it to current prices. You guys full of it or am I getting the run around?
Your experience is similar to what others have said: changes in the US are based on price at the original order date (it seems) but changes in Canada are based on the current price.

Reactions: Rezan8
Model 3 base version RWD without FSD, the entry level model essentially! Ah daaamn, was hoping to get it this year 💔
I know it's tough to hear but I hate seeing people arrange logistics like selling their current car or getting out of lease based on Tesla EDDs and then get screwed. Hang in there and enjoy whatever comfort we can provide here in the meantime 😁

Your experience is similar to what others have said: changes in the US are based on price at the original order date (it seems) but changes in Canada are based on the current price.
Changed my order from SR+ to LR, original OD was February 2022 and got LR price of February 2022. I’m in Canada. I just used the link to modify my order. You can actually see the prices before doing any changes. (Changed my order in June, picking up my car tomorrow)

Curious if anyone in SoCal is interested in PPF / Ceramic? We have a group buy going and would love to get a couple more folks in the mix to hit the price break with Sticker City. They're booking out to mid/late July now, so if anyone is taking delivery soon:) I'm taking delivery tomorrow and getting the work done in July.

DM me if interested!

Hope you have better luck than I have. Day 267, I have lost my assigned VIN and delivery date. I may still make the 300 club yet.

Last edited:
Depends on your order date in Canada. The rep I spoke to said orders prior to April 2022 can switch to LR or P at the price point as of the date you placed the order. If you fit that description, I would push back with an answer of “no”.