Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain. My latest EDD is Aug 23~Sept 4th. I'll be on the road to AZ (where the car will be located for pick up) Aug 24 through Aug 29th!!!

Rich
Yeah I’ve seen you mention that!

Good luck with it! Mine is a lot less stressful, I think, because the 5th is labour day and I’d imagine the dealer is closed? So here’s hoping it’s the 6th or 7th, or later even.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
Here's a question for you guy. A hypothetical:

I'm forced to make an appointment for pick up in AZ on Saturday August 27th. I'll be en-route to AZ on that day (driving from Cape Cod, leaving Wed August 24th). The earliest I can pick the M3 up is Monday August 29th.

What if I make the appointment for the 27th, pay for the car in full and don't show up till the 29th??

Just a thought but I need a "plan-B."

Rich

Day 195 since my OD and Tesla finally reached out for the delivery appointment, via text message, on Saturday. The delivery date/time/location is set. The only thing I still need to do before delivery is to get insurance - I got a quote of $283 for six months from Progressive and doubt I will get a much better quote elsewhere!

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
8/3/2022: September 1 - September 29
8/6/2022: August 20 - September 3
8/13/2022: August 26 - August 29 (VIN provided)
8/19/2022: August 20 - August 25
8/20/2022: delivery date/time/location is set

Day 195 since my OD and Tesla finally reached out for the delivery appointment, via text message, on Saturday. The delivery date/time/location is set. The only thing I still need to do before delivery is to get insurance - I got a quote of $283 for six months from Progressive and doubt I will get a much better quote elsewhere!
Congrats! That insurance quote is really nice, I would jump all over that! I was with Progressive for my BMW but I was thinking about trying Tesla insurance.

Reactions: HowardSalt
Question, we ordered our M3 RWD on Aug 7th with a delivery window of Dec 1 - Jan 12. However, on the website for the exact same configuration, it says estimated delivery between Nov - Jan. Does that mean that there may be a possibility that our order may come sooner than listed? How accurate is the delivery window and is there a chance that the window may be pushed sooner?

Question, we ordered our M3 RWD on Aug 7th with a delivery window of Dec 1 - Jan 12. However, on the website for the exact same configuration, it says estimated delivery between Nov - Jan. Does that mean that there may be a possibility that our order may come sooner than listed? How accurate is the delivery window and is there a chance that the window may be pushed sooner?

Is your delivery window still listed as Dec 1 to Jan 12th? I ordered mine on Aug 20th, with an initial delivery window of “Oct to Dec 2022,” but it updated the following day to “Nov 15 - Dec 27.”

It would be strange for me to have an earlier window than you.

Reactions: IndyGopher
Is your delivery window still listed as Dec 1 to Jan 12th? I ordered mine on Aug 20th, with an initial delivery window of “Oct to Dec 2022,” but it updated the following day to “Nov 15 - Dec 27.”

It would be strange for me to have an earlier window than you.
I ordered on 8/12 and it's been displaying November 18 - December 30 since then. I ordered no charge color and wheels

Looks like the Tesla gods might be turning in my favour. EDD moved up another month and 2 weeks to Sept 5 - 19 !

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Kitchener
Order Date: 11/12/2021

Showed June when I initially ordered.
11/13 changed to 3/14-4/11
11/27 changed to October 2022,
1/21 changed to 6/14-7/12
2/1 changed to October 2022
3/3 changed to August 2022
3/12 changed to 8/4-9/1
3/30 changed to 8/18-10/13,
5/19 changed to 10/6-12/1
7/4 changed to 10/26-12/7
8/9 changed to 10/3-11/7

I ordered on 8/12 and it's been displaying November 18 - December 30 since then. I ordered no charge color and wheels

Interesting - I’ve read that Tesla may prioritize deliveries with add-ons (Search Google for “reddit +tesla order delivery queue”). I can’t recall other mass-market retail businesses doing that, but perhaps it’s a holdover from the days when the company didn’t have as much cash on hand.

Question: Do EDD‘s only change at night? My EDD is currently 8/23 - 9/4 and I am expecting an update today or tomorrow. Just wondering how neurotic I am allowed to be. Currently, I am checking every 10 minutes 😜. It would be nice to get some work done.
Keep in mind that it is always nighttime somewhere. I'm in Canada and my EDD changes mostly happened during the day.

Reactions: Angel in AZ