Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range S coming back?

Tesla will bring back Standard Range S

• Yes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't that what they did before Raven? They were selling a standard range limited 100 battery for a short time earlier this year.
They dropped the 75D in Jan and then brought it back at the end of Feb with the launch of the SR/LR. Then they dropped it in March and brought it back towards the end of April. Then they dropped it again in the middle of July. o_O

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It's appears to still be in production. Looking at EV-CPO right now the highest VINs listed is 339955, and that's a Long Range. Scroll down a bit and there's a bunch of Standard Ragne in the 338600 - 338800 range.

So they're just pushing the people ordering online to Long Range to pump up ASP but the Standard Range is still available for those who don't need the long range and know how to find a deal.

Reactions: EV-CPO
It's appears to still be in production. Looking at EV-CPO right now the highest VINs listed is 339955, and that's a Long Range. Scroll down a bit and there's a bunch of Standard Ragne in the 338600 - 338800 range.

So they're just pushing the people ordering online to Long Range to pump up ASP but the Standard Range is still available for those who don't need the long range and know how to find a deal.

That's interesting...I've been seeing newer SRs pop up in inventory but I was wondering whether those were just showroom cars or older inventory that was getting pushed out. The VIN thing seems to explain it.

Hoping they lower the price soon, used to be $10k difference with Long Range, but now only $5k

That's interesting...I've been seeing newer SRs pop up in inventory but I was wondering whether those were just showroom cars or older inventory that was getting pushed out. The VIN thing seems to explain it.

Hoping they lower the price soon, used to be $10k difference with Long Range, but now only $5k

We're heading into September, the last month of the quarter. The past few quarters they've done really good deals at the end to pump up the numbers so if you're interested in a new SR Model S then be on the lookout and be ready to buy.