Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starlink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What you are describing is trading one ISP for another. And one technology (something wired, presumably) for another (satellite) that is more sensitive to things like snow buildup and other interference. Just to reiterate, Starlink is not really a replacement for a modern wired substitute to the home, if you have that available to you. It's for those who can't get such services currently, for whom it will radically change their options. Look up the negative reviews on Xplornet, which admittedly is not the same satellite technology.
There is no other satellite comparison to Starlink... both in latency and speed. The Altitude of the Starlink satellites is less than 10% of other satellite based internet providers...

Received my kit on Sunday. Been loving the service thus far!

Coming from AT&T with poor coverage as my only access to internet, starlink has been phenomenal.

Dang, you are in PA too! Why does Elon hate me? ;)

I currently have Windstream DSL. 7mbps up / 0.4 mbps down. No options for anything better other than satellite internet, and now Starlink. Can't come soon enough.

Received my kit on Sunday. Been loving the service thus far!

Coming from AT&T with poor coverage as my only access to internet, starlink has been phenomenal.

Is the regular usage old person/non techie friendly? I have family with a rural ranch that are looking for internet options... this would be perfect, but I can’t constantly be their tech support. Once it’s installed and working, is it just as hands off as any other internet service?

Is the regular usage old person/non techie friendly? I have family with a rural ranch that are looking for internet options... this would be perfect, but I can’t constantly be their tech support. Once it’s installed and working, is it just as hands off as any other internet service?

It's a very user friendly setup IMO. Very simple setup process with the hardware and software, and so far has needed no interaction from me since putting it into operation.

I'm extremely satisfied with the product even in it's beta stages. It has literally been a saving grace for my wife and I who run 2 small business from our home.

Arrived yesterday. It’s setup on the patio for now. I’ve ordered the roof mount and looking forward to getting it up in a clear view of the sky.
AB82520E-FB36-447E-88D0-D4E236E8AD2A.jpeg
7BB5F14C-D01B-4EA7-B5AC-71FC8AFB2AFA.png

500,000 users in 12 months? = $50,000,000/mo. recurring revenue. Can't wait for the IPO!
Me too. But each new user costs $300-$500 each for now as terminal is more expensive then sale price. Limiting factor is terminal production as well. But once the freight train of profitability is rolling, it will be amazing. Lots of government and business opportunities as well that have higher payback rates.