Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starship Orbital Prototype - Texas Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rate of progress on Starship since physically "breaking ground" is absolutely incredible. Can't wait for the Starship update event later this month.
I agree. Although this does not necessarily mean we are a month away from launch:
8CD79AE9-5C2B-43DE-B500-40076ED6BF9D.jpeg

...or does it? ;-)

the word water tank get thrown around a lot these days...but really, these things just don't look like they can survive and orbital flight. the water tanks actually look more robust...but I'm not the rocket scientist so...can't wait to see them fly!

the word water tank get thrown around a lot these days
Bit of an offbeat story. Our family has been calling water towers Zebulon's for more than 10 years. We don't see many of them in the northeast, but on a trip to South Carolina our young son started noticing and was impressed by their sheer size. By the time we reached Zebulon, NC he was convinced we were driving towards the mothership. That alien sounding name stuck. At least now he's older, so not too freaked out by actually seeing one of these things fly!
The town appears to have several water towers, not sure if this is the one that grabbed his attention.
524b3be5-814f-45ea-8b5e-7a0f75648695_l.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Ulmo
Bit of an offbeat story. Our family has been calling water towers Zebulon's for more than 10 years. We don't see many of them in the northeast, but on a trip to South Carolina our young son started noticing and was impressed by their sheer size. By the time we reached Zebulon, NC he was convinced we were driving towards the mothership. That alien sounding name stuck. At least now he's older, so not too freaked out by actually seeing one of these things fly!
The town appears to have several water towers, not sure if this is the one that grabbed his attention.
View attachment 456855

That'll NEVER fly!

• Funny
Reactions: Nikxice and e-FTW
Mary back on the horse: Mary on Twitter

EE8yi8lW4AcR8li

OWTP outgrew its building!

Plenty more where that came from: SpaceX Starship : Texas Prototype(s) Thread 2 : Photos and Updates

My favourite:
index.php

Its just so weird to me to have the future of space flight technology, from such an impressive company...in something that looks like I could build it (OK, maybe that's a stretch). I keep expecting them to peel off the outside and there is this beautify thing inside, but I know that isn't going to happen. It will be even crazier to see this think fly. Cray times. Just gotta trust they know what they are doing I guess.

Its just so weird to me to have the future of space flight technology, from such an impressive company...in something that looks like I could build it (OK, maybe that's a stretch). I keep expecting them to peel off the outside and there is this beautify thing inside, but I know that isn't going to happen. It will be even crazier to see this think fly. Cray times. Just gotta trust they know what they are doing I guess.
I guess they do: Building the Full Metal Starship testbed: Starhopper