TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stats of the recent VIN assignments

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by EboMike, Mar 3, 2016.

1. EboMike

EboMike Member

I grabbed the latest snapshot of the Model X Tracker and looked at all entries that have an assigned VIN on or after February 28. As expected, it's a small dataset (22 entries), but that is line with the overall percentage of people using the tracker.

Here are the common factors:

100% of people are from CA, all but two from SoCal (mostly San Diego/Orange/Los Angeles County). Those other two are from the Bay Area.

100% production (non-sig).

Confirmation date between Jan 1 and Mar 2. I don't buy the Mar 2 thing, they listed the VIN assignment for the same day.

26% 48A, 74% 72A.

13% Ludcrous, 21% Performance. BUT if you only consider those that got their VIN on March 2, it's 100% standard.

Paint across the board.

Several Onyx Black before March 2, almost exclusively 20in wheels on March 2.

Mostly 6-seaters before March 2, lots of 6 and 7 on March 2.

Black and ultra white seats before March 2, only black and tan on March 2.

Interior across the board.

Subzero across the board.

100% premium upgrades.

Almost 100% Autopilot.

100% smart air suspension.

78% Ultra High Fidelity Sound.

Tow/hitch across the board.

I think I should make a nice table for this, that would be much more readable than my text-only blabbering.

2. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

The Mar 2nd is me. I did indeed get my VIN on my confirmation date. I'm as surprised as everyone!

3. mf66

mf66 Member

Tesla looking for revenue recognition to boost Q1 numbers. Keep sales close to plant to boost deliveries and thus revenue.

4. Bgarret

Bgarret Model S ownin' Michigan scofflaw

And also allow as many Californian X reservations to enjoy the California tax break before it sunsets on March 31 - nice coalescing of interests.

5. EboMike

EboMike Member

Wow. Congats, Drew! Guess you got very, very lucky...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't even think about that. Makes a lot of sense. But wasn't there talk about the break being contingent on having cars that can be refuelled in a certain number of minutes? (Which is why Tesla played with the battery swap?) Or is that a different tax break?

6. rallykeeper

rallykeeper Member

California hasn't announced an exact date, but sometime this month (and at least 2 weeks from today), it will begin imposing income limitations on claiming its $2500 rebate. Limits are $250k/individual and $500k/joint.

It'd be pretty shocking if any 90D's got delivered before the rebate was discontinued.

7. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Thanks EBOMike That makes the recent VINS understandable. Calif deliveries in next few weeks makes sense. If Tesla can build and deliver in 3 weeks, that is good news all around. I'm not good with MXTracker, can someone see if the California VINS are all with VINS.

8. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

I'm not sure about this. VINs assigned thus week aren't going to be delivered this month, are they?

9. Mike_F

Mike_F Member

VIN assigned 2.29, P90DL, loaded, no tow no snow, 22in silver, 6 seat, expected delivery "March" (Bay Area). Lets see what happens.

10. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

For those who got VINs this week please update ModelXTracker.com with your VIN and validate the rest of your information.

Thank you

11. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

Also OT, but I was researching this when I got my new 2016 Model S - in addition to the upper bound income limitations, the new rule also allows for up to $4000 rebate for incomes below 300% of Federal Poverty Levels. I suspect everyone here isn't eligible for that, but perhaps you may want to register the X in your kids' name? :biggrin: