Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stay Away From Taptes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased some puddle lights from them and when I was installing them the wire came out of the connector (not made well at all) so it pulled out while installed making my window roll up, I guess without the right power the windows just roll up?? Anyways I didn't notice this and tried closing my door and most of you know how that went... It messed up my door trim. It's also very poorly made like most of the puddle lights i've dealt with and fell apart when removing it. I notified them over a week ago and have been contacting them daily with no solution. Their online chat has not once worked for me, i've never got a reply in the 10 different times i've tried. They asked for photos and videos, which i've sent them both and they keep asking for more photos and videos.. I told them I just want to return them and they have been no help at all. Abstract ocean is 1000 times better to work with and I just wanted to let everyone know, stay away from Taptes! If you have any issues, it won't be easy to get them taken care of. Also, I left a 1 star review on their product page for the puddle lights and it's so strange, it's not there... WEIRD! They clearly have fake reviews or only keep the 4/5 star ones. I will file a chargeback with my card company today.

I took delivery of a Model Y in July. Between May and July I order a number of items from Abstract Ocean. I had a question on the weekend to regarding an order and they responded within a very short time. I can't speak for others, but the service that I had experienced from them has been better than any company in any industry that I have dealt with in a long time...

I agree about the puddle lights..: the ones from taptes suck. I paid up from a new set from RPM and the Tesla T is much larger and brighter with the RPM lights than the taptes ones. I was blown away.

anyone know why they use an inductor instead of. Resistor in the puddle lights?

I always try to order from Abstract Ocean when I can. I met Pete in 2013 (or maybe it was 2014?) when he made those original fob pockets which are now everywhere. It's always a pleasure. I'm glad AO is doing well. I'm about to order my Model Y stuff so I have it ready to go.

For those interested in some history, the original thread: pete8314's Key Fob Cover

Even those lights mentioned above have an interesting story of him chronicling his search to find LEDs with just the right color temperature to match the OEM Tesla LEDs.

Update: They've asked me for photos and videos of the issues for the 4th time time and I've already sent them both photos and a video and told them this 4 times... They've even replied to the photos and videos at first, now they're pretending they've never seen them and asking for them again every single day.. This company is a complete scam.

Not disagreeing with your comments on their service but you do realize when replacing the door lights from Any vendor the windows will go up when the light signals it’s off (or unplugged)? Seems like your more upset for not understanding the install and closing the door incorrectly without rolling down the window. Just pointing out this is actually normal. Personally I only shop with Abstract Ocean unless there is No option. And yes the windows roll up when you install their lights also FYI.

Crap. Just ordered USB hub from Teptes. Scared now lol
I have been using a taptes hub in my M3 when they first released it. Outside of the minor little "issues" that you can find in the forums, it has worked without issue. (powering my SSD via the internal USB, powering my wireless charging mat, and connecting a game controller.)

Over the last month I've placed two orders with Abstract Ocean and received my orders quickly and filled properly. When Tesla made the running change to add icons to the MY door switches I no longer needed the switch decals I purchased from AO. I sent them an email about the situation and they responded the same day with a pre-paid mail label for me to send the decals back for a full refund. Can't get much better customer service than that! I'm sold on AO too!