Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Gray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was thinking the same on it being MSM. I checked the order and it's says stealth grey. Does the VIN get assigned when the car is still being built or after?
There's been conflicting reports. So far, it looks like the VIN gets assigned right after the build, or during the build. However, what's your VIN digits? PF419XXX or PF420XXX?

Hmm, that indicates a build end of Sept/beginning of Oct. If it was indeed Stealth Gray, then it has been in production for several weeks now. We're now on PF421XXX.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla market and Tesla delivery isn't on the same page. I would bet that a PF418xxx would be MSM. I would suggest checking your order papers and refuse that VIN if it's MSM and you're after SG.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla market and Tesla delivery isn't on the same page. I would bet that a PF418xxx would be MSM. I would suggest checking your order papers and refuse that VIN if it's MSM and you're after SG.

Model X Plaid
Stealth Grey Paint
20" Cyberstream Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior

This is from my order form. Will try and get hold of an advisor

Reactions: ShankD
I think there very well may be a camera in the front behind the Tesla T. The shadow makes sense too, but my 2018 X does not have a hole in the T that would let light through to make that kind of shadow. I also don’t think the T in front of it is a big deal, wide angle is the value, and Tesla can use AI to work around the T just like cameras that remove the selfie stick when viewing playback.

Reactions: gsxdsm
That said, something I was curious about…if you re-order, assuming you lose the $250 deposit, will your new order be at the previous MXP price or the current (+$5k) price?
I asked my local Tesla contact if I can switch to to Stealth Gray from my Black MXP (no VIN yet), because it won’t let me online. She said she can do it but my price would adjust to the new pricing, so I said no. This is a bit odd though, considering I can change to any other color online and not lose my price, and they don’t charge extra for the Stealth Gray on new orders.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I asked my local Tesla contact if I can switch to to Stealth Gray from my Black MXP (no VIN yet), because it won’t let me online. She said she can do it but my price would adjust to the new pricing, so I said no. This is a bit odd though, considering I can change to any other color online and not lose my price, and they don’t charge extra for the Stealth Gray on new orders.

Yes that sounds wrong to me. I did that the other day when the grey came out online and no problems. Priced stayed at the pre 5k increase.

They confirmed it is definitely stealth grey as well. So now second guessing my self if I should take this VIN. The lower VIN worries me. What do you guys think?

Yes that sounds wrong to me. I did that the other day when the grey came out online and no problems. Priced stayed at the pre 5k increase.

They confirmed it is definitely stealth grey as well. So now second guessing my self if I should take this VIN. The lower VIN worries me. What do you guys think?
I don’t know how an older VIN has Stealth Gray but clearly the made some prior to officially switching the color. I doubt there’s anything wrong with your car, as in I doubt it’s a reject…it’s just probably one of the first Stealth Grays they tried out. What is your concern with it? I would just go through with delivery and inspect thoroughly.