Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Gray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the initial questions on this thread, I finally found a real life version of that carved out area on the front grill of a new model X by the T logo.

But I still cannot figure out what it is supposed to be. Can anyone confirm if this is in fact, a camera, or some sort of latch, that maybe helps open a new frunk option?

It’s clearly something that is just now coming off the line now as there used to be nothing in that space before.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.png
    IMG_0658.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0661.png
    IMG_0661.png
    2 MB · Views: 59
Regarding the initial questions on this thread, I finally found a real life version of that carved out area on the front grill of a new model X by the T logo.

But I still cannot figure out what it is supposed to be. Can anyone confirm if this is in fact, a camera, or some sort of latch, that maybe helps open a new frunk option?

It’s clearly something that is just now coming off the line now as there used to be nothing in that space before.
You can clearly see in the real pictures there's no camera, so why ask if it's a camera?

In the rendering it's a shadow of the Tesla T as been discussed a ton here.

That conversation is old, lots of people have received their cars that had that picture. It was just a shadow, trust me I have one and there's nothing there.

I clicked "disagree" because I like the blue undertone! But I removed the downvote because it's the holiday spirit :p

Are you saying you like MSM over the SG due to the blue undertone? So do we, but in all fairness, I have only seen the SG in pictures. We really should have checked it out when we played in the UR PX, but we probably would have loved the UR more. We live 200 miles from the nearest SC.