Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Column Display in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This "no one" does!

First, I'm vilified for being too old to enjoy a T3, then I am being accused of being a "no one". I'm starting to feel like the Rodney Dangerfield of the TMC T3 forum. I don't get no respect. :(

"Rant Mode on"

Why would you join a forum that has been around for years and try to to change the acronyms. T3 was an action movie starring Arnold. If you are worried about confusion between a Tesla and a BMW, take the time for the extra keystrokes and call the Tesla the Model 3. Unless you want to treat Eagles PDX as your role model and I will ignore you as well.

"Rant Mode Off"

I don't see how anyone can be confused that the "M3" refers to a BMW when in context of this forum and especially the Model 3 subforum. If people want to clarify that abbreviation, they can call it the TM3. I have never seen anyone abbreviate the Model S as the "TM" or the Model X as the "TX", so I don't understand where the T3 comes from.

This "no one" does!

First, I'm vilified for being too old to enjoy a T3, then I am being accused of being a "no one". I'm starting to feel like the Rodney Dangerfield of the TMC T3 forum. I don't get no respect. :(
It's not addressed to you in particular, but rather I suspect a lot of the pushback against the "T3" abbreviation is because of a specific member EaglePDX who insists on using that abbreviation and is on the ignore list of a lot of people for his general style of posting.

Reactions: Model 3
All of these super-modern designs focus on the driver, and seem to forget that there are occupants that will want to tinker with the radio and the climate control. With the Model 3's super-tidy dashboard look, it seems that the passengers will not even be able to adjust the air vents.

-- Ardie
And let's not get started on the cup holders again.

I think we'll be ok, the purpose of the center touchscreen standing out from the dash on the M3 is so that it is more accesbile to the passenger as well as the driver. The biggest complaint I'll get will be from my son if there no remote for him to control the radio from the backseat.

I think we'll be ok, the purpose of the center touchscreen standing out from the dash on the M3 is so that it is more accesbile to the passenger as well as the driver. The biggest complaint I'll get will be from my son if there no remote for him to control the radio from the backseat.
An ipod is cheaper than a Tesla ;)

When I'm driving a car, I control the radio and all passengers listen to what I want to listen to.. or they can walk! haha.

Reactions: jkk_ and dsvick
"Rant Mode on"

Why would you join a forum that has been around for years and try to to change the acronyms. T3 was an action movie starring Arnold. If you are worried about confusion between a Tesla and a BMW, take the time for the extra keystrokes and call the Tesla the Model 3. Unless you want to treat Eagles PDX as your role model and I will ignore you as well.

"Rant Mode Off"
This is the problem with many of today's youth, whether having the $1000 deposit for a T3 or not, - disrespectful, petulant, arrogant, and mannerless to the elderly. But then again this guy alludes that he is part of the "Jersey Shore" crowd where Chris Christy is the role model. Yes, please put me on "ignore", you will make us both happy.

Tesla vehicle model names are obviously designated by Tesla: Roadster, Model S, Model X, Model 3 (which is actually a symbol, not a number character).

If you want to clearly communicate with someone, using those names is the best ways.

Some people use alternative designations. When they do so, their is a chance that the person(s) they are communicating with may be confused by their alternative term. One can see evidence of that in this thread.

Both "T3" and "M3" have pre-existing meanings unrelated to the Tesla Model 3. "T3" is used in a completely different context. "M3" has been used in an automotive context for many years now.

There is no rational reason to cause such confusion. Use the designations used by Tesla and everyone will understand. If you insist on using something different and then complain when some people question your term, you're not making sense.

I already know what I'm going to be like when I'm 70. As a matter of fact I'm planning it.

I plan on not doing ANYTHING. I plan on being retired - taking it easy - keeping things simple. Driving a Tesla as simple as a buick.
Trust me.....I'm not criticizing 70 year olds at all - I envy them for many reasons.

However - Right now I'm a Ludicrous man. I've got to at least get Ludicrous at least once because when I'm 70 I will probably drive my MS in valet mode 24/7.

The best part about having served in the military, but not enough to retire from it....and then getting a job as a civil servant, is that my military time counts towards retirement.

I'll be done at 57, with pension and access to my 401K.

Still young enough to get something Ludicrous!!!! (and have all day to enjoy driving it)

This "no one" does!

19fwmz.jpg

This is the problem with many of today's youth, whether having the $1000 deposit for a T3 or not, - disrespectful, petulant, arrogant, and mannerless to the elderly. But then again this guy alludes that he is part of the "Jersey Shore" crowd where Chris Christy is the role model. Yes, please put me on "ignore", you will make us both happy.

I admit to being greatly amused. At 57 it has been a while since people that know me have referred to me as part of "today's youth" While I very much enjoy living at the Jersey Shore, I can think of few nice things to say about our Governor except that he will be ex-Governor in January 2017.

As for being disrespectful, petulant, arrogant, and mannerless to the elderly I will leave it to the interwebs to judge. Perhaps I should set up a poll.

Reactions: Lem89
This Abbr. discussion reminds me of the good old days when I went to the drive-in in my M3 to see T3. Can't wait for 18 so I can try the T3 vs M3 and see what wins out. Do you think a HUD would distract from the film at a drive in? Maybe they could add a feature so it could display sub-titles for 70 year olds who are hard of hearing - just to compete with Buick. ;)

Elon mentioned something like " feels like a spaceship", so it might be something overwhelming, when you start your spaceship.
Sorry for the bad photoshop work, but what if we get something like this and the dashboard we saw is already the finished version ( they just didn't open it...) ???:rolleyes:
M3-Dash-HUD.gif

Attachments

• M3-Dash-HUD.gif
    M3-Dash-HUD.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 246
Elon mentioned something like " feels like a spaceship", so it might be something overwhelming, when you start your spaceship.
Sorry for the bad photoshop work, but what if we get something like this and the dashboard we saw is already the finished version ( they just didn't open it...) ???:rolleyes:
View attachment 192172
Interesting Idea :) But as @JeffK I'm a bit worried about things that has to move, and it would remove some of the benefits with the low "dashboard" that Elon touted at the unveiling. But why raise it? It could be some instruments and lights in that "line" as it is. And that was my first thought before anyone mentioned HUD.

I don't see how anyone can be confused that the "M3" refers to a BMW when in context of this forum and especially the Model 3 subforum. If people want to clarify that abbreviation, they can call it the TM3. I have never seen anyone abbreviate the Model S as the "TM" or the Model X as the "TX", so I don't understand where the T3 comes from.

It's not addressed to you in particular, but rather I suspect a lot of the pushback against the "T3" abbreviation is because of a specific member EaglePDX who insists on using that abbreviation and is on the ignore list of a lot of people for his general style of posting.
It's M≡. End of story. Mic drop.