Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
clever but you would lose your face air vents and I really don't miss the dashboard anyway
+1

I feel like this defeats the whole clean aesthetic somewhat.

Also I would echo the above - I don't want a completely different UI on another screen. It looks super basic too, and there's no mention of whether you can customise the software/display, etc. I would want this to be like the X/S centre display.

Impressive tinkering though overall by Hansshow.

oops I sound like Debbie-Downer today. Be REALLY careful with audio stuff. for a 10" subwoofer there is no way that a plastic box and such a small enclosure is going to give you anything below 100hz. The reason the 6" factory Premium woofer kinda "works" is because it's a ported design, I am still really unhappy with the idea of it being in a plastic enclosure but at least it is not confusing speaker size and enclosure size.

I reckon the factory 6 ported would perform better across the range than that 10" option. Sometimes form promises a lot but in reality you don't fool a 10" speaker to do anything useful with that kind of design.

p.s. if anyone is handy with CNC-milling or laser-cutting aluminium plate at maybe 3" thickness to a custom shape, can you PM me as I may have a little project for them, in relation to the factory woofer in the boot (premium systems)

The sound system in the Model 3 (the Premium version anyway) was designed by ex-Bang and Olufsen engineers. I trust their wisdom on part combinations, sizing, etc than Hansshow, to be honest. That being said I've not heard the non-Premium system to compare.

The sound system in the Model 3 (the Premium version anyway) was designed by ex-Bang and Olufsen engineers. I trust their wisdom on part combinations, sizing, etc than Hansshow, to be honest.

I know some of the people at a high end audio design, manufacturing and consultancy who have their name on some higher end vehicle hi-fi systems. I had a 1:1 demonstration by their MD sitting in a vehicle that should not be compromised for space.

Lets just say that audio comes some way down the priority list and price points, location and space are very much compromises dictated by the vehicle manufacturer that are outside the audio designers control.

Just out of interest and as we are on the subject of speakers, I seem to remember reading that when the Model 3 first immerged that there was talk of an aperture or something in the rear parcel shelf to let the bass from the sub woofer through for cars fitted with Premium Sound System. Was that true and does anybody have it - coz I don't. My base level is ok but only on high volume. Anybody else's like that (I've tweaked the equaliser for more base too)

Just out of interest and as we are on the subject of speakers, I seem to remember reading that when the Model 3 first immerged that there was talk of an aperture or something in the rear parcel shelf to let the bass from the sub woofer through for cars fitted with Premium Sound System. Was that true and does anybody have it - coz I don't. My base level is ok but only on high volume. Anybody else's like that (I've tweaked the equaliser for more base too)

A believe that it let road noise in so they sealed it off. Early Model 3's must have been really loud or sealing it off had negligible effect.

Reactions: Keeper