Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stick on vinyl number plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, although it's quite small (it's embedded in the black border in mine). I presume there's no regulation you have to be able to read it :p
Brilliant, have been trying to ask proplates themselves with little joy. I got worried because the BNMA website says they consider most vinyl plates would probably NOT pass some of the new more stringent tests and therefore illegal. If proplates are say they are compliant then shouldn't be any comeback on customers.

For anyone who's ordered from proplates... do they carry the "BSAU145e" certification mark? This is now a legal requirement for plates after September 2021.
I suspect they would quickly lose their authorisation to supply plates if they didn't have this required mark. As I understand it anyone selling number plates has to be fully registered.

While I'm here... Fitted my new vinyl plates yesterday. I got them from onestopnumberplates, BS mark included. They look so much better on the car than the stock plates! Didn't have any trouble at all after reading through this thread for some tips. I planned to use a laser level as others have posted using before, but found out my driveway isn't close to level, so that was a no-go. Marked out the correct placement with some masking tape, sprayed some weak soapy water on the car & plate before sticking so I could move it a bit. Smoothed out the water & bubbles with the tool that came with my screen protector (very handy).

I didn't bother filling the hole under the back plate, just carefully stuck the vinyl over it with enough purchase at the top for the plate to stick. Can't see the hole at all, there's no visible indentation in the plate unless you get right up to it & know it's there. Also carefully burred off the holes in the front with a countersink bit in a manual driver.

Already ordered my plate online. Is there a CATCH on the plastic holder??? Thanks!!
Also ordered and received my "Stick on" front number plate ready for my delivery, the plastic holder will be removed completely on mine but in answer to your question just a few clips on the plastic number plate holder that holds the actual number plate on.👍

A plastic pry bar / trim removal tool will do that job easily.

Also ordered and received my "Stick on" front number plate ready for my delivery, the plastic holder will be removed completely on mine but in answer to your question just a few clips on the plastic number plate holder that holds the actual number plate on.👍

A plastic pry bar / trim removal tool will do that job easily.
Thank you. I've got a pry bar. Will try when the time comes.

Do send a photo of the 'stick on' front number plate - I'm keen to do that too... not sure how it will look...

given how small any gain would be I am not sure how anyone would be able to make that determination even if they tried
Got the front number plate fitted a few days ago. It definately looks better than the standard.

Attachments

• 2AB90334-0EF3-4B59-BC7A-E3A2123239CF.jpeg
    2AB90334-0EF3-4B59-BC7A-E3A2123239CF.jpeg
    845.4 KB · Views: 529
  • D45258A1-67B8-4437-8A0B-D29C48252952.jpeg
    D45258A1-67B8-4437-8A0B-D29C48252952.jpeg
    775.1 KB · Views: 131