Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still hate v11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't. Others do.

I run seat warmers nearly every time i'm in the car (although 'auto' setting works for me fine 95% of the time).

Auto wipers are a joke half the time.

Auto headlights work ok (not full beam obviously, they are trash).
Come to think of it, nothing “Auto” really works. Beta - maybe; certainly not at production level:
- My 2006 Audi S4 had better auto wipers. On Tesla they never worked - either too fast or too slow. I am using manual.
- My iPhone 3GS in 2010 somehow managed to have perfect screen auto brightness. On Tesla it is either too bright or too dark. Manual 10% is perfect.
- The so called “Auto Pilot” (known in the test of the world as “adaptive cruise control”) is scared of overpasses and flashing yellow signs on the other side of the road. I know exactly where it happens on my commute and make sure to turn it off so that I don’t get rear ended.
- Auto beams for some reason flash at road signs and full moon. Set to manual.
- Do I need to mention the so called FSD?! It is more of a “highway driving assistant” that other brands also have. It is completely useless in the city, several times tried to park over another car…
So, those “Auto” features Tesla is bragging about are either interesting gimmicks or things that other brands have (and in some cases like wipers - better than Tesla). Instead of monkeying with the UI they should have focused on fixing real issues.
And I am not even talking about the “entertainment” interface. It provides entertainment for the passengers watching me trying to find what I am looking for.

Come to think of it, nothing “Auto” really works. Beta - maybe; certainly not at production level:
- My 2006 Audi S4 had better auto wipers. On Tesla they never worked - either too fast or too slow. I am using manual.
- My iPhone 3GS in 2010 somehow managed to have perfect screen auto brightness. On Tesla it is either too bright or too dark. Manual 10% is perfect.
- The so called “Auto Pilot” (known in the test of the world as “adaptive cruise control”) is scared of overpasses and flashing yellow signs on the other side of the road. I know exactly where it happens on my commute and make sure to turn it off so that I don’t get rear ended.
- Do I need to mention the so called FSD?! It is more of a “highway driving assistant” that other brands also have. It is completely useless in the city, several times tried to park over another car…
So, those “Auto” features Tesla is bragging about are either interesting gimmicks or things that other brands have (and in some cases like wipers - better than Tesla). Instead of monkeying with the UI they should have focused on fixing real issues.
And I am not even talking about the “entertainment” interface. It provides entertainment for the passengers watching me trying to find what I am looking for.
Tesla’s main priority is autonomy. I honestly think you’ll keep being dissapointed with this company until you realize this and move on.

I would get rid of your car…..you got a lemon.

The only thing I’ll say is my wipers have at times not worked that well in extreme rain.

Reactions: Raurele
I didn’t say FSD was their main priority. I said autonomy as a whole. They’d make the mirrors on the car autonomous with eye tracking if they could.

Are you forecasting that they're going to prioritize making the automation features rarely need driver input over adding games and toys?

I recommend they start with test automation.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
I've had the exact opposite experience as you in my MYP 2022. everything works as advertised. im starting to think that people that are having problems just dont understand what the cars doing. I drive 200 miles a day, with 90% of that on autopilot. city, freeway, mountain highway with constant curves at 60MPH. It's flawless.

im starting to think that people that are having problems just dont understand what the cars doing.
My auto high-beams are horrible. I get flashed by oncoming drivers on 2-lane highways because the high beams stay on way too long. Then they never come on in residential areas even when there are no pedestrians or lighted vehicles -- I guess it sees the parked vehicles or house lights so it won't turn them on.

My auto-wipers are horrible. When it is lightly snowing or raining I resort to just manually pushing the "wipe once" button from time to time.

I won't go into TACC and the unnecessary braking, but it's not great by any stretch.

For all of these features, my Tesla performs worse than any car I've ever driven that has the feature.

So yes I agree -- I just don't understand what the car's doing!

Tesla’s main priority is autonomy. I honestly think you’ll keep being dissapointed with this company until you realize this and move on.
My point exactly. If their priority is autonomy then they are pretty bad at it.
I would love to move on (never had a car that I think so much about) but, unfortunately, I do not have an EV alternative yet.

I've had the exact opposite experience as you in my MYP 2022. everything works as advertised. im starting to think that people that are having problems just dont understand what the cars doing. I drive 200 miles a day, with 90% of that on autopilot. city, freeway, mountain highway with constant curves at 60MPH. It's flawless.
I would _love_ to be educated on what the car is doing when it slams on the brakes (literally - the ABS kicks in) at 65mph when it sees an overpass. Not all but few particular ones. Am I using the AP incorrectly by driving under those overpasses?
I looked for “Avoid overpasses” and “Avoid semis in the right lane while navigating left curves” options but could not find them.
Also, given that you use AP flawlessly in the city, I would love to know what am I doing wrong when the car stops at a green light. Does it wait for a greener light? Or red light?
Is there a special way to engage the auto beams so that the car does not lower them at the moon? Or, simply I do not understand the wisdom behind that action.

Reactions: electrons4u
All I want is the trip card, and the heated seat controls back. I can deal with poor UI for everything else.

I like the way you acknowledge that the UI is crap, but you're ok with that other than the things you mention. Yeah, I haven't found anything about the new UI I prefer. Not one thing.

I like most of the car, but when updates ruin portions of it, I like it less and less.

Like people say, you are driving a cell phone with wheels. Heck, I didn't even have a smartphone until I got the Tesla. Maybe I should find the BEV equivalent of a flip phone?

• Love
Reactions: kavyboy
I would _love_ to be educated on what the car is doing when it slams on the brakes (literally - the ABS kicks in) at 65mph when it sees an overpass. Not all but few particular ones. Am I using the AP incorrectly by driving under those overpasses?
I looked for “Avoid overpasses” and “Avoid semis in the right lane while navigating left curves” options but could not find them.
Also, given that you use AP flawlessly in the city, I would love to know what am I doing wrong when the car stops at a green light. Does it wait for a greener light? Or red light?
Is there a special way to engage the auto beams so that the car does not lower them at the moon? Or, simply I do not understand the wisdom behind that action.

A lot of money has been spent on putting very sensitive equipment on the moon to reflect laser light back to the earth. You don't want that to be ruined by your high beams, do you?

The new display uses a black background at the bottom for the icons... much like this web page. Was the web page always like this, or did they change it to match the V11 upgrade?

Lol. Many other car brands have their buttons toward the bottom of their front dash. Are you saying all of the other car brands should put their buttons on top of the dash?? That’d be weird

On normal cars, you can operate buttons and knobs without even looking at them. They have "feel" and I can tell exactly what position they are in by touching them. Well, a few are on/off settings with no discernible feel, but mostly I don't need to look at the manual controls.

Touch screens should not be the means of access to anything required to drive the car. Windshield wipers and headlights should be on manual controls with feel that can be operated without looking. Sooner or later, Tesla will figure that out. Meanwhile, these are the sort of issues that will prevent Tesla cars from being accepted by the mainstream auto buyers. Tesla won't be the only BEV option going forward, and Musk needs to understand that.

I agree, but I did not pay for FSD my car cannot have it and I don’t want it so why are they messing up my car for FSD.
Oh grasshopper, you are so inexperienced in your thinking. I refer you to 1989 reruns of Star Trek and the so-appropriate quote from the Borg Collective: “resistance is futile.” You will (soon?) learn what you paid for, can have, and don’t want are totes irrelevant. Your assimilation may be a painful process, fought every step of the way, but again resistance is futile.

Oh grasshopper, you are so inexperienced in your thinking. I refer you to 1989 reruns of Star Trek and the so-appropriate quote from the Borg Collective: “resistance is futile.” You will (soon?) learn what you paid for, can have, and don’t want are totes irrelevant. Your assimilation may be a painful process, fought every step of the way, but again resistance is futile.
It has nothing to do with inexperience it has to do with proper engineering and lack of knowing what is safe to operate when driving.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
It has nothing to do with inexperience it has to do with proper engineering and lack of knowing what is safe to operate when driving.
I so understand your reluctance to, as my drill sergeant was very fond of saying, “get with the program.” I refer you back to post #75. Feel free to re-read this as often as you have these thoughts.

Reactions: Amped412
On normal cars, you can operate buttons and knobs without even looking at them. They have "feel" and I can tell exactly what position they are in by touching them. Well, a few are on/off settings with no discernible feel, but mostly I don't need to look at the manual controls.

Touch screens should not be the means of access to anything required to drive the car. Windshield wipers and headlights should be on manual controls with feel that can be operated without looking. Sooner or later, Tesla will figure that out. Meanwhile, these are the sort of issues that will prevent Tesla cars from being accepted by the mainstream auto buyers. Tesla won't be the only BEV option going forward, and Musk needs to understand that.
I remember the argument that a phone should always have a number pad or keyboard buttons. Now phones with buttons are in the minority. Cars will go the same way. Less input is the future. They’re developing for future cars to have no steering wheel. You’re correct in saying the current main stream will resist but the new generation will accept this new reality and understand it’s benefits. Progress will continue not regress like you predict.