Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subscription to Fully Paid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a Model 3 and I subscribed to FSD for a month to see if I like before spending $12000. Well, turns out I am really enjoying it and use it every time I drive. I actually look forward to driving with it. If I switch to the full payment, will it reset my safety score or keep my history? I have a 97 and want to keep it instead of starting over if I can.

Also, do I just add it as a purchase and it will cancel the subscription automatically?

Thanks!

...reset my safety score...

I am not Tesla but as far as Tesla has explained, your Safety Scores stays with the VIN until there's a change in the car's title (ownership). Thus, logically, you should not lose it just by converting from renting to buying.

do I just add it as a purchase and it will cancel the subscription automatically?

Until Tesla automation is perfected, I would make sure to cancel my subscription.

Reactions: Bluedietcoke
Upvote 0
I thought you needed a 98 or above to get the fsd beta activated. We paid for lifetime fsd, but have been waiting 2 months for it. Our average score was pretty low the first week as we were getting used to driving a Tesla. We had no prior experience or practice. The last month we managed to raise our score to 97 by averaging 99 and above. Seems like we should get fsd given the fact that we didn't reset or opt out like so many others seem to be suggesting. Also Elon Musk said he might soon lower it to 95. I hope he at least lowers it to 97 soon.

Upvote 0
I thought you needed a 98 or above to get the fsd beta activated. We paid for lifetime fsd, but have been waiting 2 months for it. Our average score was pretty low the first week as we were getting used to driving a Tesla. We had no prior experience or practice. The last month we managed to raise our score to 97 by averaging 99 and above. Seems like we should get fsd given the fact that we didn't reset or opt out like so many others seem to be suggesting. Also Elon Musk said he might soon lower it to 95. I hope he at least lowers it to 97 soon.
Bear in mind that getting into the right score bracket does not guarantee you will get in the beta .. Tesla tend to add new testers as some drop out, or when they need some additional pool in particular areas (though none of this is documented, its just people noticing patterns).

Upvote 0
"I hope he at least lowers it to 97 soon."

I think they had already lowered it to 97. Some people on Twitter said their score was 97 when they added folks into the beta this weekend.

Upvote 0