Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if I'm in the group. I can definitively say I suddenly lost about 12% range briefly, then restored to where I'm only down 5.5% from before the major limitation.

If you receive the notice in the mail then you are part of it. But I wouldn't wait for the notice to arrive (lost mail to be an example) and instead would contact the settlement administrator (the info is on the settlement website) and just ask if your VIN in on that list.

I am, for example, on the list since I received the letter last week.

If you receive the notice in the mail then you are part of it. But I wouldn't wait for the notice to arrive (lost mail to be an example) and instead would contact the settlement administrator (the info is on the settlement website) and just ask if your VIN in on that list.

I am, for example, on the list since I received the letter last week.
I have not as yet received the notice, and our mail just arrived a moment ago.

I'll wait until Monday's post, and then if crickets is all I have, I will see if my vehicle is included. Knowing DeJoy, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of these notices were diverted.

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3 and Droschke
You're right. $373K in plaintiff attorney fees, $36K for reimbursed legal costs, $1K service award to Rasmussen, then the remainder ~$625 per 1,743 Model S owners. Still seems like the figure is understated. I'm not sure if I'm in the group. I can definitively say I suddenly lost about 12% range briefly, then restored to where I'm only down 5.5% from before the major limitation. I'm very curious to know how many and what proportion of 2012-2016 Model S owners did not see a reduction in range.
Only about 2% of MS were affected.

Reactions: Droschke
Where does this number come from?
Is there any evidence supporting it?
Based on anecdotal material it seems like this number should be far greater.
Most people I have talked to with older cars seems to be affected in some way.
This comes from Tesla data.
This also matches my own anecdotal survey of the hundreds of people that I spoke to at superchargers from June-Sept 2019.
Affect cars are those that had their battery capped only.
Slow charging is a completely separate issue.

I have not as yet received the notice, and our mail just arrived a moment ago.

I'll wait until Monday's post, and then if crickets is all I have, I will see if my vehicle is included. Knowing DeJoy, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of these notices were diverted.

Actually, it might be the case that everyone would get two letters. I received another settlement notice today, this one is identical to the first one I received last week. DeJoy better not lose both of yours.

Reactions: Droschke
They believe they IMPROVED your private property - not damaged it. With OTAupdates they have the ability to make any changes they deem necessary.
No they don't. They believe they will save money, which they probably will in the short run. They clearly do not care about the long run, or do not plan to remain in the car business. Anyway, it's not for Tesla to decide what to do with my property.

Last edited:
The Norway case is under appeal after Tesla did not show up for the municipal court hearing on 32 cars.

The Denmark case involves 75 cars.

I don't know any relased China cases.
No in Denmark - after there where a public announcement by the layer/court there are now approx 450 cars. They were not allowed to used the "motorregister" (NHTSA like) register to contact all owners.
No progress, same claim "We are making the best cars, with the best software and protect the batteri for the benefit of the owner......"

Last edited:
No in Denmark - after there where a public announcement by the layer/court there are now approx 450 cars. They were not allowed to used the "motorregister" (NHTSA like) register to contact all owners.
No progress, same claim "We are making the best cars, with the best software and protect the batteri for the benefit of the owner......"
It is still not progressing in Denmark after more than a year (filed in March 2021).