Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden price drop past couple months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been following Model Y updates pretty closely since Giga Texas took over, and have been looking since 2021 for the more practical 2021+ Model Y LR to replace my 2022 Model 3 Standard. About 2 months ago you couldn't find one under $67k and now on autotrader I see loads along the west coast for sale around $63-64k. Does anybody know why this may be?

Reactions: Jgranger5
I have been following Model Y updates pretty closely since Giga Texas took over, and have been looking since 2021 for the more practical 2021+ Model Y LR to replace my 2022 Model 3 Standard. About 2 months ago you couldn't find one under $67k and now on autotrader I see loads along the west coast for sale around $63-64k. Does anybody know why this may be?
Delivery times are getting shorter. Now you can get a MYP within weeks of ordering. A big part of the value of used Teslas was that you could avoid a long wait. The shorter the wait for a new Tesla, the less valuable a used Tesla becomes.

Reactions: voxel
Upvote 0

You are talking about pricing on used cars, in a market where they were selling at MORE THAN NEW. The thread title is a bit clickbaitish to me, since no, there has been no "sudden drop on model Y pricing" unless you are talking about used ones which were overpriced and continue to be so.

Upvote 0