Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont have a reception problem, as it cuts out anywhere I give it a go.
But just tried your suggestion, full phone signal, and after 5 goes the most I got before failure was under 3 meters.
Summon is rubbish. Its that simple. Its unreasonable to be blaming government employees because a system designed by tesla is rubbish and isnt fit for purpose.

Make sure that you aren't too close to the front or rear of the car. If it detects you and thinks you are an obstacle it stops. I've used it successfully out of my garage and down a sloping driveway. It applied the brakes to keep the speed very slow.

I dont have a reception problem, as it cuts out anywhere I give it a go.
But just tried your suggestion, full phone signal, and after 5 goes the most I got before failure was under 3 meters.
Summon is rubbish. Its that simple. Its unreasonable to be blaming government employees because a system designed by tesla is rubbish and isnt fit for purpose.
You appear to be the only one with this problem; I suggest you look elsewhere.

Yes there seems to be a lot of trash talk. Summon is a great feature hobbled by the regulators clueless requirement for it to be app controlled because they’re afraid of accidental fob presses endangering people. I’m confident the cluelessness will be silenced once it’s demonstrated that the feature as designed i.e. fob operated, is effective & safe.

Make sure that you aren't too close to the front or rear of the car. If it detects you and thinks you are an obstacle it stops. I've used it successfully out of my garage and down a sloping driveway. It applied the brakes to keep the speed very slow.
Yes worked out as mentioned in any earlier post that the sensors will pick you up if too close. Since others seem to have it working well, I think mine must have a fault. I'll contact the service centre.