Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summons issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the car Friday and have tried the summons feature over 20 times now and it won't work. Tried it at home (reasonable internet signal and good bluetooth connection), nothing, tried it in town (4G signal), even tried in a massive Tesco car park and every time it tells me that Summons failed.
I've activated it in the car and have checked that a few times.
What am I doing wrong?

Try using the summon feature instead ;)

though I would get that in before some overseas fanboy gives you a ticking off about it.

I think its a bluetooth feature so its likely to be down to how well that all hooks up. Does seem to be a bit hit and miss on the videos I have seen - er ok, maybe not the best way to describe it...

In the UK/EU (I think), it only works within touching distance of the car.

In practice this will literally get you out of a tight spot, but it won't rescue you from a rainstorm.

My only real disappointment with FSD.

I got the car Friday and have tried the summons feature over 20 times now and it won't work. Tried it at home (reasonable internet signal and good bluetooth connection), nothing, tried it in town (4G signal), even tried in a massive Tesco car park and every time it tells me that Summons failed.
I've activated it in the car and have checked that a few times.
What am I doing wrong?
Got my car over 14 months ago. Summon worked when I got it but after a couple of firmware updates shortly thereafter, it has never once worked since. I’m now on firmware v32.2.2...still no Summon.

Try using the summon feature instead ;)

though I would get that in before some overseas fanboy gives you a ticking off about it.

I think its a bluetooth feature so its likely to be down to how well that all hooks up. Does seem to be a bit hit and miss on the videos I have seen - er ok, maybe not the best way to describe it...
“Overseas fanboy”? Is that somehow different than a U.K. fanboy?

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Mine is also unreliable enough to be effectively useless. I think when it says you have to be within key fob distance the reality is you have to be right next to the car and even then it often (usually?) just fails. I take the view that until there's a shift in regulation to allow something like the USA version it'll continue to be poor, and even then it's mainly just a party piece and its real world usefulness is limited. I'd prefer they focus on the similar but different functionality of auto parking in a tight spot. Small movements, slow, but actually useful.

Well I already knew that FSD was really "FSD", so I think my expectations were reasonable.

I turned on autosteer/TACC and it worked, even in the twisty local roads that it isn't designed for (and I managed to scrape my rims as a result.) Nose to tail queuing is much less stressful (although that is TACC mostly).

But apart from that, I find the combination of TACC, lane management, lane assist and NOA works well enough to make the drive less stressful and allows me to look further ahead on the motorway.

I don't think it is yet worth the full cost and it still gives me little acceleration surprises(!) and it took a while to learn how to rest my hands on the steering wheel without getting a blue nag chime and disqualification, but I enjoy the thrill when it takes control. After a month, I can select and disengage the systems without my passengers noticing (or screaming).

It's a reasonable premium price for being in the vanguard.

Reactions: VT_EE