Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Shade for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Sun coming in the windshield doesn't feel hot at all to me. Sun coming in the side window is as hot for me in this car as in any other car I've driven.
There is limited UV protection on driver/pass side windows as well. I got mine tinted 50% which actually seems pretty light but has worked outstanding on 3 roadtrips. No worrying about driving a long time and being sunburnt when the sun is on the sides.

Reactions: ohmman
Spoke to a Tesla Service rep yesterday, who said that Model Xs come with a "do/due" list which includes the sunshade, if it isn't already with the car at the time of delivery. I confirmed with that my VIN has this associated. Apparently it's just a matter of time and production to get these to match the number of Xs that have been delivered.

Spoke to a Tesla Service rep yesterday, who said that Model Xs come with a "do/due" list which includes the sunshade, if it isn't already with the car at the time of delivery. I confirmed with that my VIN has this associated. Apparently it's just a matter of time and production to get these to match the number of Xs that have been delivered.
So how did you confirm this with your vin?

Welcome to the forum! Did you take delivery yet? Did they tell you any ETA regarding the sunshade?

Welcome to the forum! Did you take delivery yet? Did they tell you any ETA regarding the sunshade?

Thanks! This is a great community, and I'm rather proud I can be a part of it!

I took delivery 3/30 of my silver 90D, and am SUPER HAPPY with the car. LOVE IT.

Unfortunately, they could not give me an ETA on the shades. The rep said that the shades took a back seat to getting Model X production faster (I'm sure they had pressure to meet the 16K vehicles Mr. Musk had hoped to have delivered 1st Q). But that we would be getting calls as they become available. I doubt any reps have direct insight into production of car accessories from the factory, or whatever 3rd party may be manufacturing them for Tesla.

I'm sure it's worth mentioning to your service rep when you take delivery, or calling to make sure that they have a record that you've requested it. Although they may still call every Model X owner, I have a feeling they may not make too much an effort to contact you if you don't show interest in picking one up... but I'm kinda cynical that way.